Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly woman in her late twenties who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for six years to the man of her dreams and loves anything Star Wars and Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish.
Sign up with Beauty Box 5 to receive 4-5 monthly samples of your favorite beauty brands - Click Here!
Unique Watches

Search

Loading...

The Archives

Recent Outfit

Your Favorites

Get the Look: Little Boots at Live Lounge

The look:
I recently saw a video of British singer-songwriter Victoria Hesketh, better known as Little Boots, performing at BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge and I really loved her make-up. So today I tried to recreate it in my own way. These pictures aren’t the best quality, but you can get a better idea of what it looks like if you watch the video on YouTube.


What I used:
- Revlon ColorStay Make-up with Softflex in Nude
- Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder in Fair (not pictured)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland: Book of Shadows eyeshadow palette
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero
- Black eyeshadow
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black
- Lorac Gloss Stick in Sheer Peach
- Eyelash crimpers
- MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush
- Eyeshadow brush from MAC, sponge-tip applicator (for smudging).


The result:
I always start by applying Revlon ColorStay Make-up with Softflex – it’s a liquid foundation that gives surprisingly wonderful coverage. I like an “airbrushed” look as much as I can, so I follow up the liquid foundation with Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder in Fair, applying a light dusting with my Duo Fibre Brush from MAC. Then I applied Urban Decay’s Primer Potion and crimped my lashes at the roots and tips. After that it was time for the eyeshadow: I used “Curiouser” from my Alice in Wonderland palette by Urban Decay (a light, glittery lilac, available as “Grifter”) as a base, applying it with my fingertips from lash line up to just below the brow bone. Then I used “Underland” from my palette (available as “Flash”) which is a deep, beautiful purple, and I applied that at the lash line, spreading just a thin amount up toward the crease to blend. Purple is actually a great base color to use when you’re going to be using black eyeshadow. It makes the black a little deeper and richer. So overtop of the purple I applied Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero, starting at the inner corner of the eye and working my way to the outer edge. I repeated the process on the bottom lash line, and when I reached the corner I winged the eyeliner out and upward, following the natural curve of the eye. Then I used my sponge-tipped applicator with a bit of black eyeshadow to smudge the liner and create a triangle shape at the corners. I re-applied “Curiouser” and repeated the eye liner/smudge process a few times to get a deeper, more intense look. Then I applied “White Rabbit” from my Alice palette (available as “Polyester Bride”) to the brow bone with a shadow brush from MAC, a few coats of mascara to the top and bottom lashes, and I lined my brows with a dark brown eyeshadow. I finished it all up with Lorac’s Gloss Stick and a light bit of blush.

I think to better achieve Victoria’s look a grey eyeshadow may have been good to use for blending, but I wanted a more dramatic black-to-purple contrast.

Do you think you’ll try this look sometime? Post a picture on our Facebook page with your finished result. I’d love to see what you come up with!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love the result on you, and wow is that purple amazing! I think you did a lovely job recreating the look and I just have to say that this is such a wonderful and exciting tutorial!

Kiki said...

This is such a gorgeous look. I love your interpretation and that purple looks really cute on you.

Casee Marie said...

Thanks, ladies! This probably would have made for a good video tutorial but I didn't actually think of doing the post until after I did the make-up. Oh well.

Urban Decay definitely leads the way for eyeshadow, in my opinion. Their colors are so rich and the application is flawless. I love them. (:

Rebecca said...

Absolutely LOVE this makeup tutorial ! Found you on google and it was perfect - thanks so much for sharing :) http://p0larmilk.blogspot.com

Subscribe


Shop


Communities