Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Friday Fame: Zooey Deschanel

“I'm me, and I like that there are people who have an appreciation for that.”

I decided to feature Zooey Deschanel for this week’s Friday Fame! She’s one of my favorite role models, as well as a gifted songstress and a talented actress. She’s so true to herself, which I love. She’s confident and comfortable, and she just has this ability to be effortlessly cool. Her style is bohemian and carefree, much like her personality. These pictures are from her photoshoot for Lula magazine several years ago. I love the heart necklace and the way her hair is done. Her make-up is always simple and lovely, accenting her naturally pretty face.

“I love old music, old movies, screwball comedies, vintage clothes and basically I`m an old-fashioned gal.”

Another reason I love her, she's not afraid to be old-fashioned regardless of what's in style. I appreciate so much when girls can be comfortable in their own skin. That’s such an achievement today, in a world where it's easy to be influenced by the media on what we should wear and how we should think. Zooey really represents a freedom of expression to me. She manages to do her own thing and celebrate her life with class, style and positivity!

10 comments:

Jen said...

I really like her and I just recently found out it's actually her singing in one of her scenes in the movie "Elf". I've also heard that she sings in another movie or something very recently too. Not sure which one it is.

She is darling in that first photo!

Great post!

Kiki said...

I absolutely love Zooey. I have both She & Him albums and her voice is just darling. I love how you mentioned that she represents freedom of expression for you as that's the same for me. She's awesome :)

Casee Marie said...

Jen, I think maybe Bridge to Terabithia is the other one she sings in, but I haven't seen it. I love her in Elf! And she's part of a band called She & Him, as Kiki mentioned. They're lovely (:

And Kiki, I'm so glad you agree! She's such a breath of fresh air. And I haven't heard much of the second She & Him album yet, but I absolutely love the first one!

Julia M said...

I think her most attractive feature is how she's so unafraid to have her own style, and not follow any specific trands in fashion or celebrity culture. It's what allows her to stay so relevant and classy :)

mckenzietruman said...

I love her voice. She is just stunning. That white dress and heart necklace is pure perfection. Nice post! :)

Casee Marie said...

Perfectly stated, Julia! Her originality makes her such a treasure. She's such an inspiration in that way.

Thanks, McKenzie! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post (:

Tayler said...

I LOVE HER TOO!

www.bighairandbikinis.blogspot.com/

Sara Louise said...

Just found your blog on IFB –
Please check mine out at http://seraluxe.blogspot.com

i love her

Wardrobe Wars said...

We love Zoe so much - great role model! Thanks fro sharing!
Greetings from Ireland
xoxo

http://www.thewardrobewars.blogspot.com - take a look if you get a chance, we'd really love your feedback - follow if you like what you see

Jen said...

Taylor, Sara, and Wardrobe Wars - Thanks so much for visiting! We hope to see you around :)

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter