Welcome

Jenmarie is quite happily married, a bubbly fashion enthusiast and Stylist. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, beauty tips, favorite things and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish.

Beauty Products Delivered Each Month!

Search

Loading...

The Archives

Trending Content

Recent Outfit

2 Year Wedding Anniversary


Two years ago today I married Jason, my wonderful husband. On one hand it seems like we just got married, and on the other it feels like we've been together a very long time. I think it's because we've known each other for so long (we met in 2002 and got married in 2008). Knowing us, I'm sure we'll get excited as each year goes by! We just love being married!

I thought it'd be really fun to show you all some of the wonderful pictures that were taken on our special day. I hope you enjoy browsing through these!






I'm absolutely in love with my gown! I actually bought it about a month or so before I was engaged. I had been looking at dresses on David's Bridal for a while and I knew I wanted this dress when I saw it. One day, I saw that the price dropped and after a few calls realized that after they sold them at that price the dress would no longer be available! I panicked and immediately went to my nearest David's Bridal and of course, it was MY DRESS! I had to have it altered quite a bit but it was definitely worth it. I had no idea Jason was going to ask me to marry him so soon after I purchased the dress. He said he already had it planned! Isn't that crazy?

The veil, and shoes are also from David's Bridal. I got my necklace from The Icing or someplace, I can't remember. My hair was done by an amazing hair stylist, and I did my own make-up. I'm not completely happy with how it turned out, but oh well I guess!

My Maid of Honer, Bridesmaids and Flower Girls also got their dresses from David's Bridal. My Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids all wore strapless red dresses (the color of my roses), and my Flower Girls wore white dresses that had small straps with red sashes. All the dresses had the same elegant feel with the scrunchy layered look on the skirts.







Jason and his Best Man and Groomsmen all got their tuxedos from Men's Wearhouse. I think Jason looked remarkable and I wish we were able to keep his tux! Jason obviously wore black, white and silver and his guys wore a slightly different styled tux and red instead of the silver.




We had the Throne Room Ceremony music from Star Wars: A New Hope playing after we were announced as Husband & Wife.




I had an older picture that I took of us like this one and wanted our photographer to re-create the picture. Isn't it lovely?


Our First Dance. I love the lighting on this photo!


One of the guest tables. So simple and perfect.


Jason and I designed this look for our reception.

There are so many more I wanted to share with you ladies but I want to respect the privacy of our families and friends, and let's face it, I have hundreds of photos! Who knows, maybe I'll post more sometime.

21 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy anniversary! You looked just beautiful!

mary louise said...

aw, happy anniversary! you two look great together :) so happy

styleaccordingtome.blogspot.com

kirstyb said...

sooooo lovely xxx

Closet Fashionista said...

Aww you guys make such a great couple!!!! Your dress is gorgeous!! And it has a fun story to go along with it :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Gabrielle said...

I love the story you posted about your wedding dress! I think all girls look at wedding dresses before they're actually engaged. LOL Congrats on your 2 year anniversary!!! I am so happy for you :)

Das What She Said said...

Soooooo cute! and that wedding gown looks amazing.

Heidi said...

Congratulations! You looked amazing on your wedding day. You two look great together :)

thelayeredpancake said...

happy belated anniversary jen! you look stunning and your dress is so beautiful. and your hair!

Liz said...

happy anniversary! what lovely pictures, thanks for sharing!

Sweet said...

Happy Anniversary darling!!!

you look so gorgeous on your special day...love the dress...and just the photos are worth the smiles...

You are very happy and you deserve it...

much love
Sweet
PensandLens

Jen said...

Thank you so much ladies! Your comments make me smile :)

AGNES STYLE said...

I'm jealous even though I'm only 15 haha, but seriously the pictures are so beautiful and so are you!=)

www.agnesstyle.blogspot.com

Meredith said...

aww what a beautiful post. your pictures look wonderful!

Trishna said...

You look absolutely stunning. :) Happy Anniversary. :)

Love from Toronto, Canada

http://tashrin.blogspot.com

Missy M said...

wow you look so beautiful x

Missy
Blending Style, Beauty and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Tasha said...

I'm so glad you shared pictures of your wedding! My husband and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary in July! Time goes by really fast!

You look absolutely gorgeous!! And you and your husband look so cute together! Beautiful dress too!

I also found my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses at david's bridal!

modern viking vixen said...

happy belated anniversary! your pictures are stunning <3

themodernvv.com

BEAUTIFULLY INVISIBLE said...

These photographs are absolutely breathtaking! Congratulations :)

DoubleBouble said...

This is wonderfull <3
U were very beauty bride :)

Joy Chou said...

I thought your makeup looked lovely! Never doubt your abilities to do your own makeup, after all you know your own face better than anyone else (besides maybe your husband, but I probably wouldn't trust him to do your mascara, eyeliner, etc.).


tacosandfreecandy.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Aww, your comments brighten my day! Thanks so much everyone!

@Tasha - Happy belated Anniversary!

@Joy - So true. Thanks for the lovely reminder :)

Subscribe


Communities