Welcome

Jenmarie has been happily married for five years and is a bubbly fashion enthusiast and stylist. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, beauty tips, favorite things and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish.

Search

Loading...

The Archives

Trending Content

Friday Fame: Liv Tyler




"Life excites me. I'm not talking about appearing in movies or doing interviews, but just little, normal, everyday things. Getting out of bed. Getting dressed. Making food. I find it all exciting..."


For this week's Friday Fame I'd like to spotlight the ever-lovely actress Liv Tyler, who played Arwen Undómiel in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. There's such a gentility to her beauty, which connects her so well to the elvish character. There's something quite enchanting about her!



I admire her so much for the healthy, confident way she views her body and the way she focuses on what's truly important.  Here's one of my favorite quotes, from her interview with Glamour in March, 2007:


"I've always been a big girl - I'm 5'10", with a broad back and wide shoulders - and I have always felt pretty comfy in my skin, no matter how big or small my bum is at the time. But it's not how I measure my happiness. I just want to be myself - I can't try and be somebody else. Beauty is not defined by the size of your jeans."


Those are truly some words to live by!

13 comments:

Kayla said...

I've always loved her, ever since that very first Aerosmith music video. She's gorgeous and a fantastic role model to not only young ladies but all women everywhere!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Jen said...

I feel exactly the same way you do about her. There is no one who could've played the character Arwen better than she did. I really need to watch these movies again!

I love the photos you chose and adore the quotes. I think I'll go post one on our facebook right now!

Such a great post! :)

Gabrielle said...

Awesome post, Casee! I love Liv Tyler, and got excited as soon as I saw the title of this post. She does have a gentleness to her beauty, but I think she's also stunning. I love the quotes you chose. I agree completely with the last one. It's really inspirational. And I like that she's so down-to-earth. :)

Kiki said...

I absolutely love Liv. Always have, always will. Her shoots for Pilgrim jewellery are gorgeous as well :)

Closet Fashionista said...

Yay Liv! I agree, I love her. She is so gorgeous :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Kristin said...

She IS truly beautiful!

Alison said...

I've always loved Liv Tyler, these are some beautiful photos! Lovely blog!

<3 Alison
alisonscampusfashion.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

I got them here: http://projectrunway.auction.seenon.com/
They have them here to: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-8/rate-the-runway/episode-5#id=1

Enchanted Gardens said...

I love what she said, she is such a positive and inspiring woman. She has that certain something...
xxx

mckenzietruman said...

She is just so stunning. I remember the first time I ever saw her was in the movie "That Thing You Do." I absolutely love that movie. And that quote is so true! :)

Jen said...

She is such a natural beauty! And I love how normal and down to earth she is. Didn't know she was 5'10 tho. That's pretty cool since I'm 5'9 ;-)

Sweet said...

She really has a very unique beauty and with or with out make-up she will always be the most beautiful faces on TV...

I lover her...

kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

Jen said...

Welcome new visitors!

It's so awesome to see how many of you love Liv as much as we do!

Subscribe


Communities