Welcome

Jenmarie has been happily married for six years and is a bubbly fashion enthusiast and stylist. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, beauty tips, favorite things and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish.

Search

Loading...

The Archives

Trending Content

Friday Fame: Marion Cotillard




Today I want to turn the Friday Fame spotlight on one of my favorite contemporary actresses: the beautiful and amazing Marion Cotillard. Most people know her from her Oscar-winning performance as the iconic French chanteuse Édith Piaf in La Vie en Rose, but she also starred in summer blockbusters for two years since: this season’s Inception and 2009’s Public Enemies. Her repertoire also includes work with superstar directors Tim Burton (Big Fish) and Ridley Scott (A Good Year).

“She radiates such strength and such energy in everything she does that one can have nothing but admiration for her.” – Leonardo DiCaprio



She has a super-stylish actor-director boyfriend (the equally lovely Guillaume Canet, with whom she starred in Jeux d'enfants and Le dernier vol) and, for herself, a truly unique style that’s all her own. I’m always fascinated and inspired by her fashion choices.


“The light of my dream is still on and it’s really shining bright today.”

There’s always a sense of completeness to her style, which picks up on something I mentioned in our last post about how much detail women put into their appearance in eras past. I feel like there’s something traditional in Marion that encourages attention to fine detail. She never seems to forget anything and I always see her outfits and think, “There’s really nothing about this that I would change.”


She’s superbly fashion-conscious while maintaining her own uniqueness at the same time. She’s not dictated to by what’s on the runway, but she’s also an icon for designers the world over. It’s a marriage of the best style qualities, and I think her confidence is the foundation for it. She also has the utmost class in everything she does, with a kind-hearted presence and a warm smile to go with it. I never fail to be inspired by her shimmering personality as well as her fabulous fashion sense. I'd also like to mention that she's a spokeswoman for Greenpeace France. Stylish, beautiful, kind and conscious of her eco-footprint. So much inspiration in one delightfully French gal!


“Thank you life, thank you love, and - it is true - there is some angels in this city.”


Now I’d like to switch gears for a moment and share some exciting news with you, dear readers...


Melanie of thosethingstheysaid has featured SHE as blog of the moment! We're all so thrilled and excited to be spotlighted! Melanie had the kindest things to say about us in her feature post and she also did a lovely interview with Jen, so be sure to check out the post and follow her amazing blog if you haven't already. Thank you so much, Melanie!


10 comments:

Jen said...

I adore this Friday Fame post and I think it's my favorite of yours thus far!

I haven't seen her in many things at all, but I am interested. I have been wanting to see Public Enemies and had no idea she was in that movie!

I love the pink dress she is wearing! It's super cute!

Yay! Thanks for posting about our news! It's so exciting :D

Casee Marie said...

Oh wow, thanks so much, Jen! I'm so glad you like the post.

I can't recommend La Vie en Rose enough. Her performance is superb. It's quite long as I recall, and of course it's in French so if one doesn't speak the language there are the subtitles to deal with, but if you don't mind that then I really think it's a spectacular film to see. I haven't seen Public Enemies yet, but I'd like to. I'm really interested in her new film with Guillaume as well.

It was my pleasure! It's positively thrilling news, indeed. :)

Melanie Alexandra said...

You write so eloquently-- I love it!

I'm not into movies much, so certain actresses on the rise are usually news to me, but I actually know about her! I saw her either in an issue of Nylon or Teen Vogue and I recall loving her style. I do get you on the "completeness" thing, 100%. Her outfits look well-planned and extremely classy.

Also, thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it!

Great post! <3

thelayeredpancake said...

I think Marion Cotillard just radiates elegance and poise. She is just so different from most other actresses and has that classic hollywood feel to her.
I love this post. Congratulations on blog of the moment!!

Casee Marie said...

@Melanie Alexandra Thank you so very much! That's so sweet. Marion's style is definitely memorable, I think. And yes, definitely classy!

@thelayeredpancake That's perfectly stated, and I completely agree. She does have a classic hollywood vibe! Maybe that's why I like her so much. Thank you, dear (:

Sweet said...

Congratulations on your feature ladies...

and I have never known her before but thank you for introducing me to this fine actress...

I just googled her and learned a lot.

Thank you for such a wonderful post. you deserve the mention love...

Take care lovies
Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

Kelly said...

I love her! She's just such a natural beauty. And her style always is wonderful because of the confidence she oozes.
Congrats on the feature!!

<3 Kelly

Kiki said...

I just absolutely adore Marion. Style, class and elegance which all seems so natural to her. Thanks for this lovely post.

Closet Fashionista said...

She is so gorgeous! Love her style :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

minnja said...

Lovely photos!
http://minnja.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe


Communities