Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

The fringe effect

With August beginning I’ve already started hearing people talk about how bittersweet it is to see the summer go. No more barbeques, no more beach trips and the oft-dreaded back-to-school time for some. A great way to curb the end-of-summer blues is to change up your look, and one of my favorite little ways to get a big change is to go for bangs!


(image credit)

They’ll give you a bright, fun new look and they’re not impossible to do at home on your own. My advice, however: keep them long! It’s much easier to take your time and cut them in increments than to chop them too short and have to suffer through the months waiting for them to grow back. One of my favorite Youtubers, LisaFreemontStreet, has a great video tutorial on cutting your own Betty Page-inspired u-shape bangs:



If you don't have bangs and decide to give this a try, let us know your results! And share with us: what are some of your favorite ways to get over the end-of-summer blues?

8 comments:

TruGlamGuzzie said...

In no way do I have the guts to cut my own bangs but good luck to you all with balls!

GlamEyeAm

Jen said...

Thank you for this wonderful reminder on how to cut your bangs! Quite a few times I have cut them too short, and you literally can't hardly do a thing with them when they're like that. It's best to cut VERY LITTLE at a time. I will be watching the video soon!

Great post :)

Catherine said...

Love your blog
got yours from IFB :)

following you now, hope you can join mine too

love.
http://etinological.blogspot.com/

thelayeredpancake said...

I am really contemplating going for a redder/burgundy shade for the winters. I don't know if i should do it. Never colored my hair before.
The scary things about bangs is..that once you get them (I cut mine myself), its hard to let them go. I think I am going to end up with my bangs forever after. I love them!

shopgirl said...

I'd love to do that, but I don't have the hand-eye coordination thing! So important when doing things like this.

p.s. cute blog!

Kristin said...

I WISH I could rock bangs! My hair is too curly. BOO!

Gets said...

Gosh, I love this post! :D I've been cutting my own hair for 3 years now, and I do my own bangs haha. But sometimes they come out weird.

Lol either ways, I'm loving your blog! You're really beautiful imo, you have that sort of regal look. Hope I make sense lol! :D

Love,
Gets

http://www.wastedseventeen.com

Sweet said...

I have a pretty bad experience with me cutting my hair for bangs...seriously...it was a huge mistake and it was a great pageant the next day...

The solution..wore a headband hahahaha!!!! it was the 90's love!!!

I really do not have any idea on how to get rid of the summer blues...coz I've always been a fan of Summer...

take care love
Sweet
PensandLens

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter