Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Sephora's Beauty in a Box

This is going to be my last post for a while because I'm leaving today to go on a vacation with my family, but I'll be back in a month. Anyway, on with the post! Last time that I went into Sephora, I noticed these things called Beauty in a Box. Beauty in a Box is essentially a collection of a specific brand's makeup that Sephora has put together and is selling in a set. If you're a fan of a specific brand, this is a good way to stock up on their products or if you're interested in trying out a new brand and you can't resist a good deal, these are kind of irresistible.



Urban Decay

- 0.03 oz 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (black)
- 0.41 oz Skyscraper Multi-benefit Mascara (black)
- 0.13 oz Lipstick in Wicked (mauve/ sheer sheen)
- 0.13 oz Travel Size Eyeshadow Primer Potion (sheer nude)
- 0.05 oz Eyeshadow in Romp (deep royal purple sheen)
- 0.05 oz Eyeshadow in Skimp (sheer pearly vanilla sheen)

$52 (a $97 value)

I am a HUGE fan of Urban Decay's products, so I really wanted this set and my friend bought it for me for my birthday (hurrah!). I tried it out yesterday and I adored it. They provide instructions on how to use the products included to create a smokey look that is great if you're going out and want a bit of drama. As always the eye pencil, primer potion and eye shadow were awesome. I did like the mascara a lot, but after I use this tube, I will probably still stick with my Diorshow mascara. The lipstick looked good with my coloring, but it tasted really bitter. But I suppose it will help me to stop licking my lips!



Laura Mercier

- 0.1 oz Wheat Eye Basics
- 2 x 0.09 oz Stellar/Topaz Eye Colour Duo
- 0.03 oz Black Thickening and Building Mascara
- 0.03 oz Black Ebony Eye Liner
- Double-Ended Eye Colour and Flat Eye Liner Brush

$42 (a $103 value)

I haven't tried this set, but it looks like it'd be fantastic if you're looking for some good neutrals. I've heard good things about Laura Mercier's brushes, so if you need a high quality eye shadow brush this might be worth the money.



Benefit

- 0.34 oz Full-Sized Some Kind-A Gorgeous The Foundation Faker
- 0.37 oz Full-Sized "That Gal" Brightening Face Primer
- 0.09 oz Deluxe Mini Stay Don't Stray Stay-Put Primer For Concealers & Eyeshadows
- 0.15 oz Full-Sized Erase Paste 02 Medium Brightening Camouflage For Eyes & Face

$48 (a $92 value)

And finally, I thought I'd point out the Benefit collection. I also really love Benefit, so this is tempting. However, I already own a couple of the items in this collection, and the Erase Paste in medium would be a bit too dark for my complexion. That said, I LOVE my Erase Paste concealer and That Gal primer. I've also tried the Some Kind-A Gorgeous foundation faker, but I found it to be a little bit too oily for my skin. I've never tried their Stay to Stray primer before, but in general, Benefit has great base products. So if you're interested in Benefit, I would highly recommend giving this collection a shot.



image source: Sephora

3 comments:

Jen said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip! We will miss you! Maybe you'll come back with some goodies to post about? ;)

Ohhh, this post. I was in Sephora yesterday and was dying. I need more Urban Decay in my life. These sets are so darling! I love how Sephora prettys everything up!

It's odd that the lipstick tastes bitter. I don't think I'd like that.

The shadows look lovely!

Great post!

Liz said...

I think I need an actual makeup artist in a box, I'm so clueless when it comes to make-up!

Casee Marie said...

Gorgeous post! I usually get my cosmetics at Ulta, but I do go to Sephora once in a while. I've always been drawn to Benefit for their super cute packaging, but I've never actually bought anything of theirs. This would be the perfect way to try it! Although I've heard Laura Mercier is really phenomenal, too. I already have a bunch of Urban Decay shadows, primer potion and eyeliners so I would probably pass on that box set. I do love their make-up, though!

I hope you have fun on your trip! :)

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter