Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Tres Chic Chanel


Today I came across this gorgeous editorial featuring Daria Werbowy, but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure where it's from. I think it's Vogue Paris from 2004. (If anybody knows for sure, please correct me!) Anyway, even though it's an older shoot I'm completely inspired by it. Firstly, I absolutely crave Daria's hair and make-up. Look at the volume! And the clothes - all of which, I do believe, are Chanel - are positively monumental.


This dress, I just can't even express my love for it. The decadence of it all is just amazing. It looks vintage, but with a modern flare.


This look is so glamorous, and I'm crazy about the colors. That suit! It's perfection. I also love the lighting in this editorial. This particular shot looks like it tells such an interesting story.


This one is classic and timeless and so very perfectly Chanel. I don't feel like I could wear this look very well, but it's so chic! And also, hair envy again in this picture.


This dress almost hints at the 1920s for me; like something out of The Great Gatsby with all those ornate layered necklaces. So pretty! My only complaint is that I think Daria looks too thin here. I think it's just the light playing off the necklaces, maybe. It was a little distracting for me, but still I love this editorial!

All of these scans are courtesy of The Daria Files. What do you think? Have you ever found inspiration from older photoshoots or fashion magazines?

11 comments:

thelayeredpancake said...

that black dress (second picture methinks) is so breathtaking.
and Chanel suits! They are like my reason to gain employment!
i went dreamy over this post.

Jen said...

Wow, these photos are incredible! I also love that black dress! I wish we had excuses to wear things like these now!

Great post!

BEAUTIFULLY INVISIBLE said...

This shoot is stunning. Love the way it's styled. Classic Chanel. I think the suit is my favorite, but I really love that opulent dress as well!

Liz said...

So classic of course!! The suit is just a must-have!

Sweet said...

Just the Chanel...classic, great style and very fab!

great post love
take care always

kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

Heidi said...

Chanel always has beautiful classic styles! Love the second picture with the black gown. So gorgeous! :)

Ans said...

Glamour at its best!!!!
xxx

SBG said...

love this!

check out my giveaway!
http://sarissweetlife.blogspot.com

asequindressatbreakfast said...

such a gorgeous spread! thanks for the continued blog support-i really appreciate it!

http://asequindressatbreakfast.wordpress.com

Megan said...

yep you were right, Vogue Paris 2004, June 2004 to be exact :) Check out my Daria blog for more! dariaw.onsugar.com

Kiki said...

Lovely editorial. Is it me or are the pictures taken in Coco Chanel's apartment? I seem to recognise that staircase and the chinese wall...

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter