Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Dolce and Gabbana Spring 2011 RTW



While everyone else seems to be all about chiffon for spring Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana have a slightly different trend in mind: lace. It was everywhere in their Spring 2011 RTW collection! Lace paired with leopard, lace with velvet floral, lace with embellishments, ladylike lace, lace lingerie. Fine eyelets were scattered at the bottom of skirts, throughout dresses, blazers and corsets. Almost the entire collection boasted such detailing in the most angelic shade of white, making the pieces look like something out of a bridal magazine, yet wearable for more than one special day in a woman's life.





Here's an example of how the leopard and floral patterns were used in the collection. I think the floral adds such a nice little bit of extra femininity while the leopard provides a fun clash of attitude. I also love the way some of the pieces are form-fitting enough to show curve but without necessarily demanding attention. It feels like a return to a more demure, quietly romantic silhouette.

What did you think of the collection? Are there any pieces that stand out to you?

13 comments:

Jen said...

Lace with just about everything sounds like heaven to me, and that's just what these pieces look like! I love everything and I'm so glad you posted these because I hadn't seen them yet. Horrible, I know.

I don't think I can choose a favorite, although I really love the last two.

Reyna♥ said...

I love lace! Great photos!(:

BenchesandChandeliers said...

love the different ways of wearing white- a color that can never go out of spring/summer style!

http://www.benchesandchandeliers.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh I love the last two! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

jamie-lee said...

I* thought the whole collection was gorgeous, for me I loved the culmination of white lace with the white fabrics - white on white. Perfect for summer!

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

Lena said...

perfect ..... white color is beautiful .... gently and lightly ...... a little bit of folk, lace:)
very feminine :).... the second picture element of male:)


http://lenainspiration.blogspot.com/

Ans said...

These two brothers really know what is this all about, don't they?
xoxo

Gorgeous Clara said...

I´m not usually a huge fan of D&G, but I really like this collection

Delance Fashion said...

Wauw! Love it, especially the two last dresses, lace and leopard yay! :D

Vicki said...

Love leapord and white together! so different! :) x

Robyn said...

I love the etherial quality of the 3rd one and the very last one. I am a sucker for pretty white dresses though.

Victoria said...

Stunning collection, thanks for sharing, I love that maxi dress in the bottom right picture, it's beautiful!

I'm holding a giveaway on my blog, make sure you check it out if you haven't already http://my-favourite-fashion.blogspot.com/

Have a great week! xxx

Fabulously Lazy said...

The lace fabric used is so amazing and beautiful

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter