Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Friday Fame: Carey Mulligan




If you didn't know her name a year ago, chances are good that you know it now! Her Oscar-nominated performance in last year's An Education catapulted Carey Mulligan from indie darling to star status and her appearance on the cover of Vogue (October, 2010) has cemented her there. If you are, like myself, a fan of BBC period dramas, you'll already know Carey from such Austenian work as 2005's Pride and Prejudice and 2007's Northanger Abbey, as well as other period pieces including Bleak House (2005) and My Boy Jack (2007). She was also seen in last year's much-buzzed-about films Public Enemies and Brothers. Now she's making the promotional rounds for her newest films, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps and the highly-anticipated (by myself, anyway) Never Let Me Go in which she shares the screen once again with Keira Knightley. Aside from being a fantastic actress, Carey has proven that she's a classy gal with a fresh, flirtatious style. And she's got just about the most adorable face you'll ever see. Rather than re-post the Vogue photoshoot that's been making its much-deserved round across the blogosphere I thought I'd share a few of my favorite looks on Carey off the set. Enjoy!


February 2010 - British Academy Film Awards


May 2010 - Cannes Film Festival


May 2010 - Cannes Film Festival


May 2010 - Cannes Film Festival


She just sparkles with personality, one of the many things I adore about her. I love how she can wear just about any style she wants, from young and hip to the more sophisticated red carpet looks. The last look seems so completely like her; the gown is so chic, but the charming Peter Pan collar and bow add just the right touch of whimsy. And that smile is utterly contagious!

What do you think of Carey's style? Do you have a favorite look?

10 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE her style so much! I think she's a fantastic actress and I've loved her in everything I've seen her in. She just has an aura about her that draws you in.

(Heh. I actually first saw her in a miniseries the BBC produced back in 2006 based on Dicken's Bleak House, and then my admiration for her just increased with her appearance in Doctor Who. I'm so pleased that her career has taken off, and I'm looking forward to Never Let Me Go too.)

Gabrielle said...

I am waiting to see Never Let Me Go as well. I'm a huge fan of Keira Knightley, but sadly I haven't seen Carey Mulligan in anything except for Pride and Prejudice.

Kayla said...

I have loved her for a while now. She's my age, spunky and has an impeccable style that will stand the test of time. I love her covered up but young and sexy looks. I love her Italian city scape dress from May 2010 Cannes. Looks like something I'd try to imitate immediately!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Jen said...

I've barely seen her in anything but I think she's really cute and I too, love what she wears. All of these outfits are extremely charming!

Such a gorgeous post!

Genny said...

I love Carey so much. She has so much style and taste and is such a believable actress. Her performance in 'An Education' blew me away. I loved her in 'My Boy Jack' and am super excited for 'Never Let Me Go'. Have you seen her in this issue of Vogue yet?

Ans said...

I love all her outfits but I have to say that the first one is my favourite, she is such beautiful, stylish and talented young actress.
xoxo

Sweet said...

i love her style...and especially sporting that great pixie short hair...she look gorgeous...very feminine...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

Missy M said...

i love her!

Missy
Blending Style, Beauty and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Lady Peach said...

I love her and her style! Great post!
Lady Peach
xXx

Fabulously Lazy said...

I love her- she is such a classic beauty with amazing talent.

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter