Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Friday Fame: Coco Rocha


Coco Rocha has a captivating presence as a supermodel, both on the runway and in editorials. Her personality shines through her photographs, making her one of the most engaging and charming models in the industry. She's also a blogger, an Irish dancer and - oh, yes - she's on a mission to completely revolutionize the fashion world! Coco is steadfast in her efforts to change the way the industry looks at weight. Check out her uncensored point of view at her blog, Oh So Coco. At just twenty-two Coco is a pillar of inspiration and positive imagery in a world where impressionable young women are subjected to all manner of unhealthy ideas. I applaud Coco for standing up for what's right, and that's one of the many reasons why I chose her for this week's Friday Fame.


We've all seen what she can do on the runway and in magazines, but now I'd like to shine the spotlight on Coco's personal style. She doesn't tie herself down to one look and she's not afraid to take chances. I love that she always rocks a unique, artistic vibe in her looks. This is a perfect example. The bold animal print, thigh-high boots and cherry red lips are a fearless combination!


This is perhaps my favorite look she's ever worn. Isn't she a doll? I love the high waist and high neckline as well as the draping around her shoulders. All these elements seem to call to mind different eras in fashion, making for a look that's simultaneously feminine, delicate, classic and strong.


"We all need to remember that a photo is just what beauty was to one photographer on one day. You can't compare yourself to those pictures. You are real. Photos are two-demensional. Beauty is three-dimensional. Your confidence, your personality, your presence - it all adds to what makes you beautiful."


What do you think of Coco's style and her mission to influence the size issue in the fashion industry?

7 comments:

Jen said...

The more I learn about Coco the more I fall in love with her. I forgot she was so young and I find that so inspiring. I absolutely adore the quote, and feel I should post it on our facebook page. Everyone needs to read it!

Superb post :)

Kristin said...

She's something isn't she? I'm still dying over her wedding gown!

simplecupoftea said...

I love Coco. She's just so... genuine. Also I love that last look on her: gorgeous!

Heidi said...

Great post! She has a lovely style and looks beautiful! I really like the quote and I think it is awesome that she is addressing the size issue in the fashion industry. I was once overweight myself and I understand how it can bring down your self esteem. You should love yourself no matter your size! And you can still look fashionable :)

Shadi Geravandi said...

love her!

Sweet said...

her style??? amazing...she really is the best!!!!

love her...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

20 York Street said...

she got beauty and substance, plus she's Canadian! What's not to love?


besos,

ML

Win a Yola Couture Designer Dress at:

20 YORK STREET

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter