Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Project Runway Season 8: Mondo Guerra

I don't know about you, but I'm an avid watcher of Project Runway. Even through the more recent lack luster seasons, I stuck with it. Luckily, this year is probably the best season in quite a long time. Sure that is mostly because of the entertainingly dramatic designers, but there has also been some great fashion. Specifically, I'm thinking of Mondo! I love Mondo and his aesthetic really appeals to me, so I decided to share some of his designs with you.


This is a look from early on in the season, and I think it does a good job of establishing Mondo's style. I LOVE the skirt. The fabric has a weight to it, but the pleating keeps the fabric from looking serious.


This is probably my favorite look of the season. It's gorgeous. It helps that purple is my favorite color, but seriously. Mondo has a way with mixing and matching prints. This is such a stylish look.



Mondo created this dress for a challenge in which they were supposed to create a high end look that could be featured in an advertorial (aka a cross between an ad and an editorial). And I think this is a fabulous look. I love the back of this dress and the almost origami look of it.


This was the retail friendly companion look to the dress above and I think that it's a super cute dress. It's adorable and flattering and not at all boring.


For this challenge all the designers had to design their own print. Mondo designed the print that he used in the pants, and I think it's a wonderful fun and eye-catching print. LOVE IT.


Another example of Mondo's eye for combining prints. It's a very geometric and graphic design. Adorable. I think Mondo's been an incredibly strong designer throughout this season and I hope he wins the whole thing.

So what about you guys? Have you been watching Project Runway this season? Who is your favorite designer? Do you have one outfit that you particularly loved?

11 comments:

Jen said...

I love PR and watch it every week! I didn't know you watched it too so I got really excited when I saw this post.

Mondo is one of my favorite contestants. I love his creativity and how he uses it in each piece. He's so good at mixing patterns and playing with colors! I love the high fashion look! Everything about it is gorgeous!

Great post!

Heidi said...

I love project runway as well. This is my first season watching the show! LOL, I know.
I agree, Mondo has been the most creative and he does well with patterns. Which can be hard to do!
I hope he wins :)

Do you know if I can rent past seasons? I am sure on Netflix or something...

Karen said...

Hi Heidi,

Netflix probably has some of the earlier seasons to rent, so I'd check them out. But if you ever feel like buying the seasons, Target is a good place to look. They tend to have a lot of shows from Bravo (which is the network that Project Runway started out on). And imo, seasons 2, 3, and 4 are the better ones to watch.

Missy said...

oh i love! i'd love to be able to design and make clothes.

Missy
Blending Style, Beauty and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

LOVE Mondo!!! But I also love Andy, Michael and Gretchen (even though she is a butthead and has been getting worse....hopefully she goes back to her old ways for the final)
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Sweet said...

those are really amazing designs...love the first and second photos...I am not a fan of geometrical pieces but his designs are really acceptable for my taste :D

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

Rita said...

Fabulous designs, i love that they have a retro feel to them! very beautiful!
Love the high end dress, it's like a broken harajuku doll.

fashionatemybrains.blogspot.com

Leia said...

I don't watch the shows but these designs are awesome!

Leia

Sona said...

Unfortunately we only had the first season here, but I totally agree with you the second outfit is amzing. The mixture of the different prints is amazing. Also the third dress is well designed, especially from the back!

Lots of love from http://queendom-of-fashion.blogspot.com/

Nici said...

i love the third dress! it's amazing!

Nici from www.set-joy.blogspot.com

Delance Fashion said...

Love the second look! Ahh I really wanna see the show, but they haven't aired it in Denmark yet ^_^

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter