Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

The Row Spring 2011 RTW

After Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were forced to cancel their Spring 2011 RTW collection at New York Fashion Week due to an issue with the delivery of their samples the twins simply moved their party from Lincoln Center to Paris! The intimate show was streamed online at the beginning of the month, but I've only just seen the pictures. I haven't noticed them around the blogosphere, so I hope you don't mind a little post-Fashion Week adventure today! The collection was small, and I've chosen three of my favorites...


More than anything I can't help but love the color of this look. That pink, ever so pale. It's like a gently blushed white, really. That's such a charming shade for spring. The pop of vibrant color in the shoes is a fun way to spice up the look.


There's something unstoppably romantic about a floor-length dress, and I love the way this one falls into a gentle ribbing. It looks so decadent!

Again, a fantastic pop of color to add character to this look. I love the shape of the trousers, the skinny leg contrasting with the structured waist. The slouchy blazer gives it a look of business, while also maintaining a fun, bohemian vibe.


I was struck by the minimalism of this collection; that's simply not a trend I consider when thinking of Mary-Kate and Ashley's individual styles. It was a surprise to see, but I wasn't disappointed either. I felt like I had been reintroduced to the idea of minimalism after seeing this collection. It's such a high-fashion blank canvas, which was quite an exciting concept to me. What do you think of this collection; did it meet your expectations, if you had any?

10 comments:

Jen said...

I actually really like the creamy colors. The dress is definitely my favorite. I will definitely have to look at the rest of the collection!

Heidi said...

Mary and Kate did a wonderful job with the collection. My favorite would be the last one. All the outfits are laid back and care free. Great post! :)

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh loove it!!! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

simplecupoftea said...

I love the soft blush ensemble. As you say: perfect for spring :)

Sweet said...

i love the white dress and the last photo..not much of a pink fan but the design is really nice as well...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

Kristin said...

That last look is SO freaking gorgeous. Head to toe white...J'adore!

Trishna said...

You know Casee, I actually quite agree with you. The Olsen twins can be quite out there sometimes with their personal fashion choices but the collection is wonderfully minimal and refreshingly so. It just proves again they have an acute sense of what is marketable and what is not.

Love from Toronto, Canada

Greer said...

oh i always seem to adore their collections. always.

xx.

STYLING-DELUXE said...

This is pure, clean and modern - a beautiful collection, very sophisticated!

http://daily-styling-deluxe.blogspot.com

Anna Liesemeyer said...

Those girls have flawless taste! Would love to see them do a line for Macy's or H&M :)

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter