Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Shopping Trip!

Last week I went on an impromptu shopping trip. I was going to Selfridge's with the sole purpose of buying some cake mix and well... the picture below illustrates what I ended up bringing home with me. Whoops.



The city where I'm living right now, London, is home to some world class shopping and while I generally can't afford too much shopping (oh the woes of being a graduate student), every so often I am unable to resist the call of cute things. Thus on my way to the Food Hall at Selfridges, I ended up stopping by Accessorize (a FANTASTIC store that is in the UK and some cities in Europe that sells all kinds of accessories- earrings, scarves, purses, necklaces, wallets etc) and the cosmetics section of Selfridges where I was sucked into the OPI nail bar.

Gloves- £12 from Accessorize.

I LOVE these gloves. I wanted gloves that were different than just your basic black gloves, but still classy, and I think these suit the bill. These gloves are a nice, deep purple, so it's a little more interesting than your basic black but not distractingly so. It's hard to see in this picture, but there is a little bit of houndstooth lining the inside of these gloves which was a nice touch. And of course, I ADORE the little bows along the side.

Earrings- £6 from Accessorize

This was a really great buy for me. I actually really needed a bunch of studs because I only brought my more fun earrings over with me from the States, but I can't be wearing huge earrings all the time! So these sets worked out to cost me roughly £2 per pair which was great.

Nail Polish - £10 from Selfridges

I have a major weakness for OPI nail polish, so I was incredibly happy to find a seller here in the UK. Unfortunately it's more expensive than what I'd play in the US, but I couldn't resist this color. It's called "Plugged-in Plum" and it is absolutely gorgeous. It's a lovely shad of purple, but it's not flat like my other purples are; this shade has a pearly effect to it.

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Great finds! We sell similar gloves where I work- I am sure you would love them! :)

Jen said...

Great post Karen! The gloves are absolutely darling and I really love the color of the nail polish!

jamie-lee said...

It's so easy to do that don't you think! I love the new nail polish x

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

Petite Annabel said...

Opi nail polish is the best, love all their colours! xx

Missy said...

oh i adore those gloves! i always end up loosing one glove thougha dn it would be a shame to loose those ones!

Missy
Blending Style, Beauty and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

20 York Street said...

The gloves are beautiful, great buy really!

p.s. I think I have the same OPI polish!

besos,

ML

Win a Yola Couture Designer Dress at:

20 YORK STREET

m.fay said...

those gloves are darling!!!

m.fay
http://www.amateurcouture.com

Madeline said...

cute cute cute gloves!

ellevictoire said...

i'm loving the gloves! they look so soft. i think i definitely need to get some for winter :)

Kristin said...

That polish is SO gorgeous. Love love love the color!

Delance Fashion said...

Aww cute gloves, love the bows on them :D

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter