Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

A bit of whimsy



"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" - Alice

I had so much fun wearing all these pieces and didn't even realize that everything I had on was actually very whimsical looking until I was heading out the door. The bow especially made me think of Alice from Alice in Wonderland, and then I was dissapointed I didn't dress up as her for Halloween. How fun would that have been?









What I'm wearing...

Satin Bow Headband in Silver from Forever 21
Pearl Necklace from Forever 21
Black Lace Cardigan from Target
(Currently on Clearance in stores)
Fashion's Night Out Tank
Black Leggings from Target

Once and a while I'm hesitant to wear such fun and girly pieces like these because I already look really young for my age, and wearing them makes me look and feel even younger. Sometimes I'll decide to wear something else if I feel I look too young, but other times I don't care because I want to wear what I like. It's been a hard thing to deal with, especially when you work with teens and occasionally people think you're one of them. I've been dealing with it more positively though, and I try to remind myself that I'll be thankful for my youthful look when I'm old!

The Lace Cardigan was a gift from my mom. She knew I liked it and surprised me with it last weekend! It also comes in Ivory, Burgundy, Blue, and Brown. If you love lace as much as I do, you might want to check your nearest Target. They're on clearance for less than $10.00!

The beautiful mirror is from Ireland, a gift from my best friend! She does a lot of traveling and always comes back with pretty treasures.

The Silver Satin Bow and Pearl Necklace are both new pieces thanks to Beso. You'll also be seeing more new stuff in future outfit posts, so stay tuned! I can't wait to share them with you!

13 comments:

Kayla said...

I think you look great. Looking young is pish posh in return for feeling great and fun.

I have had my eye on that lace cardigan for a while. I may need it.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Britta Kirk said...

I'm loving the whole outfit, Jen! lovely!

thelayeredpancake said...

you look great as always. i love your bow! your compact/mirror thing reminds me so much of charmed..haha

Gabrielle said...

I have to go get one of those cardigans! I too am plagued by looking younger than I am. I sometimes dress differently so I don't look so young either, but we'll both be grateful when we're older!! :) You look so cute. That bow would have been perfect for an Alice costume!

Casee Marie said...

This is such a creative look! (The last picture is completely adorable, by the way.) I love the pop of red in the shoes, and the bow headband is so cute. Not many people can pull that off. I'm actually worried about the one I got, I don't know if it will look good on me. Oh, and I wish I had that problem - I've always looked older than I am. It was fun when I was fifteen, but it's definitely lost its appeal now!

Genny said...

Not even kidding, I almost bought that cardigan, but they didn't have it in my size.

I absolutely adore your style in this. It's what I wear everyday!

Rin of Jewel Me Pretty said...

You're so pretty, and I'm loving this look. <3

Closet Fashionista said...

soooo cute! I love this :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Liz said...

So cute, that last picture especially! Hey who cares if we look young and fabulous? Plus everyone else will be jealous in a few years time!

Anna Liesemeyer said...

Absolutely love this look! so feminine and fun. The bow is so cute!!

Heidi said...

Such a cute outfit! I love the bow and little mirror! :)

Tasha said...

You look so pretty Jen! I love that cute bow! My favorite thing about the outfit is the lace cardigan! Such pretty detailing! How sweet of your mom!

And I have the same problem, I don't look my age at all! I will be 25 in April and some people still think I'm in high school!

I think you look great here though!

Asma said...

Everything your wearing is Gaw-Juss!
It makes me wish I had a Target where I live =(
Oh well.

Anyways, could you pretty please come check out my blog? I'm kind of a newbiem, tips are totally welcome! :3

- The Sensational Sweetheart

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter