Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Messy Bun ala YSL


Image credit: PARISIENNE

Over the weekend I tried this wonderful tutorial posted by Joanna Goddard on PARISIENNE, the Yves Saint Laurent blog, on how to get a messy bun much like the girls of Paris wear. I was so excited to find that I could actually do it! I've always kept my hair very, very short until two years ago when I decided to try growing it out - I haven't had a hair appointment since, if you can believe it! My hair grows very fast so now it's quite long enough to try out different up-dos.

Here was my finished result:



I felt very chic and Parisian! If you want to try the tutorial yourself you can follow the pictures above or read a step-by-step guide here at PARISIENNE. If you do try it out I'd love to see your results - feel free to share your own Parisian messy bun up-do photos on our Facebook page!



Also, if you didn't happen to see our updates on Twitter and Facebook, our guest post for the Talbots blog Red Chair Confessions was posted last week! You can read all about our festive and fashionable holiday revelries over here. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Gabrielle said...

I'm going to try that tutorial. Thanks for sharing! I saw that picture of you on your blog and thought you looked so pretty. :)

Jen said...

Oh my gosh this is the perfect tutorial! I'm totally going to try it although I don't know how long I'll be able to wear it up as my hair is real long and thick and I end up getting headaches if it's up too high or tight. This seems like it might be more comfortable though because it's so loose.

You look absolutely adorable! Love the photo!

liz said...

tres chic! I just tried it, haha! My bun isn't as big as the model's though, it looks kind of wimpy. Maybe I should tease it first! Thanks for sharing!

Fé... said...

Lovely! That's the solution for bad hair day! Thanks for this inspiring post! Happy new year btw. Wishing all the best!

Two For Tea said...

That's a great tutorial...now I feel like growing my hair out to make a messy bun possible...

<3 Cambria
http://twoforteaplease.blogspot.com/

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh love it! Great tutorial!! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Heidi said...

Great tutorial! oh...If my hair could actually stay in a style like that all day. I have tried buns before and they always fall out by the end of the day :(

m.fay said...

fun!!! love to try something new.

m.fay
amateur couture

hope you are having a wonderful weekend. xo

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter