Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Silent Emotion



Most people know of my rather constant love for the editorials in Vogue China, and this shoot by Max Vadukul of actress-singer Li Bingbing in the January 2011 issue may be my favorite yet. Entitled "Silent Emotion", this series of photographs perfectly captures a height of glamor that immediately draws the viewer back to the age of silent film and the bold, intricate style of the movie stars of the day. I love absolutely everything about this shoot and couldn't resist sharing it with you all today! Take a look...





My only regret is that it isn't a bigger series. I love her expressions, at once demure and fiercely powerful. The hair and make-up are both so excellently accomplished, and the clothes! Aren't they lovely? Everything about the shoot is so supremely elegant, hinting even at a sense of the regal. Just divine.

What do you think? Have you seen any editorials lately that you're just crazy about?

4 comments:

Heidi said...

These photos remind me of the old Hollywood style. Love them! :)

simplecupoftea said...

These are so powerful. I love them.
One of my favourite editorials as of late is the Keira Knightley one in British Vogue. Absolutely amazing.

Jenmarie said...

These are such glamorous photos! I love the first one especially and her hair is so lovely.

Do you subscribe to them or do you get the photos online? I'm not even sure you can subscribe since it's a magazine out of state? I always wondered.

Beautifully Invisible said...

I agree, I wish this had been a longer series. You know how much i love blck and white photography, and these are very striking.

Right now I am loving the Liu Wen editorial for Westeast Magazine and Kiera Knightly for Vogue Italy. I adore Ellen von Unwerth!

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter