Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

My Elizabeth Taylor Memory


"Everything makes me nervous - except making films."

Most of you probably know by now that the lovely Elizabeth Taylor passed away this morning. She was a beautiful person inside and out and will always be remembered as one of Hollywood’s greatest actresses. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.


I will always remember the first time I saw one of Elizabeth Taylor's performances. It was the 1949 version of one of my favorite films, Little Women. She played Amy the youngest daughter in the March family who was a spoiled but beautiful girl with pretty clothes (I so wish there were more photos of the different dresses she wore in the film! In fact, they all had dresses, capes and bonnets I loved!). In my opinion she portrayed Amy exactly as I imagined and gave the very best performance as that character. Below is the only clip I found of Amy (besides the original trailer) from the movie. The last minute of this clip is priceless!



What is your Elizabeth Taylor memory?

-Jenmarie

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Great post! Elizabeth Taylor was a beautiful women and extraordinary actress. I watched the clip and I need to watch this movie! Loved the end...quite funny. :)

Casee Marie said...

She was so beautiful! I haven't seen her version of Little Women yet; I think my favorite of her performances (that I've seen) were in Giant and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. I feel like her role in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof was so full of passion and life that not just anyone could play it. She not only matched Maggie's energy, she gave more. And then Giant was such an epic movie, she carried it so well. She'll certainly be missed!

Eureka said...

I adore her beauty, it's classic and intimidating. She's a tough woman!

Meredith said...

so sad that she's gone. it felt like something truly came to an end yesterday.

Kristy Elena said...

i'm so sad she passed away. what an amazing and talented woman. beautiful, iconic and so inspiring. she was always one of my favorites. lovely memorium to her that you did here. thank you.

Meghan said...

I LOVE this Little Women! Liz is priceless in this. :) Nothing like the old movies.

makeupandjeans.com said...

I remember thinking she was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in Brigadoon!

makeupandjeans.com said...

I remember thinking she was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in Brigadoon!

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter