Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Friday Fame: Abbie Cornish


"I like doing my own hair and make-up because it's me. This is my own
dress, it's me, and I'm happy with it. It's nice not to be too full-on."


You may know Australian actress Abbie Cornish from her leading lady role in Bright Star where she played Fannie Brawne to Ben Whishaw's John Keats. Or perhaps you're familiar with her name from her recent films, Limitless and Sucker Punch. Then there was her award-winning performance in Somersault, her acclaimed role opposite Heath Ledger in Candy, not to mention Elizabeth: The Golden Age and A Good Year. The girl's been busy! Wherever you know her from, what you may not know is that she's an accomplished DJ and hip hop musician as well as a talented graffiti artist. Creativity seems to surround her in every way and she isn't afraid to pursue her passions; in fact, she thrives on the thrill of it all. Abbie took part in a charming photoshoot in this month's InStyle complete with some of her own graffiti art and radiating style. For this week's Friday Fame I thought I'd share some of my favorite shots from the magazine. Take a look!









She reminds me so much of a young Annette Bening. Are you an Abbie fan? Personally, I'm thrilled to see her getting more attention in the States and I can't wait to see what else is in store for her artistic pursuits. music, graffiti, film and all!

- Casee Marie

 

8 comments:

Sweet said...

wow I haven't seen sucker punch but she has a new face in the industry or maybe I am just not updated with the current events in hollywood hahahaha...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest

Jenmarie said...

I had no idea of all these films she's been in! I wonder how big her part was in Sucker Punch? Jason saw that movie last week and he said it was really good. I'll have to ask him although he probably won't know who I'm talking about (lol). I plan to see the movie when it comes to Blu-ray anyways!

I think she looks a little like Annette Bening mixed with someone else but I can't put my finger on it.

Edit: After looking at that last photo I realized who it was. I think she looks a little like Connie Nielsen (she plays Lucilla in Gladiator). What do you think?

So glad you chose to feature her!

Missy said...

Fab post! Thanks for sharing x

Missy
Blending Style, Celebs and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Missy said...

Fab post! Thanks for sharing x

Missy
Blending Style, Celebs and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

I don't think I ever heard of her before! I haven't seen any of those movies- LOL
Anyways, she is a beautiful actress!

jamie-lee said...

I don't mind her - although it's funny because I just can't help thinking how much she looks like Charlize Theron?

Closet Fashionista said...

She is so pretty!!! She was very good in Bright Star too :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

Love love love. x hivenn

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter