Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

If my ears were pierced...

...I would wear these and a myriad of other dangly statement earrings. While I only included the big pieces I would also be very interested in wearing simple pearls, tiny roses, and yes the diamond earrings my husband bought me before we got married. They're sitting in my closet. I guess at the time I made him think I was serious about getting them pierced. Oops.


Bollywood Chandeliers - Forever 21 - $4.80


Lady Whispy Earrings - Forever 21 - $4.80


Extra Long Teardrop Earrings - Miss Selfridge - £6.50


Black Swinging Feather Earrings - Miss Selfridge - £8.50


Flat Hoop Earrings - Express - $14.50


I may have mentioned before that I don't have pierced ears. I'm scared of pain and that is the main reason why I haven't done it. For some time now I've joked that after I have a baby I'll be able to do it, but we'll see. I also worry about pain/soreness afterwards and any other complications with wearing earrings in the future. My skin has always been sensitive and I would expect that I would need to wear nickel-free earrings (like my mom who, by the way, also can't wear earrings for a long period of time). What if the same thing happened to me? It'd be such a waist.

What was your ear piercing experience like, or are you like me and don't have them pierced? If you do have them pierced, have you ever had any complications?

-Jenmarie

 

8 comments:

Ashleigh said...

These are all fabulous but I especially love the black feather ones! I had mine pierced when I was younger but the pain is sort of instant & done. The care isn't bad, just nightly cleaning while they heal. It might be a tiny bit sore to sleep on but it will pass quickly. Believe it or not I am TERRIFIED of needles, I refuse to take shot or give blood at the doctor but I've had ears and belly button pierced multiple times. I'm such a wierdo :)

simplecupoftea said...

The only problem I had when I was younger after I just got them pierced. I didn't wear any earrings for over a month and a half and then the holes grew back. I had to get them re-shot at the same space and let me tell you: THAT HURTS.
The first time isn't that bad, it's just really really hot afterwards and needs to be taken care of properly.

Ashley said...

I love earrings!! These are gorge!

Heidi said...

I don't have pierced ears either. I tried piercing them twice but they closed and got infected. :(
Oh, wells. Love the feather earrings! :)

Ans said...

AMAZING EARRINGS, LOVE THEM ALL!!!
XXX

Sweet said...

I have my ears pierced when I was a kid...I get infections if I wear fake gold but I am okay with silver...as I grew older I tend to wear hypoallergenic earrings to avoid the complications...I do not have problems with F21 earrings....you should get your ears pierced my dear :d

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest

the Citizen Rosebud said...

I have pierced ears but don't wear ear-rings. I did struggle with infections alot back when I did, and I did get the large gauge holes in them back in the heady grunge days of the mid-90's, so the holes are still there. But sans ear-rings.

I think you can handle the pain- trust me. If I can take it- you can!

Casee Marie said...

Finally getting to comment!

I love your picks. The feathered pair from Miss Selfridge are too cute! I haven't been over there in a while, they have darling accessories. And I love the pop of color in the second pair.

I've already babbled to you enough about my earring escapades, haha. I think you would have so much fun with them because it would give you another way of expressing your style. (:

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter