Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

May the Maxi be with you













What I wore:

Dress: Forever 21
Floppy Hat: Forever 21
Necklace: Forever 21
Bag: Oufi
Flip Flops: Old Navy
Lips: Avon

A couple of weekends ago I was at Forever 21 browsing their Yellow Tag Deals. They had some maxi dresses near the front of the store on sale and since I didn't yet own one I thought, why not? I really liked this basic black maxi and could barely resist the light and graceful feeling of walking in it. After trying it on and realizing it was only $12, I was sold! I knew my floppy hat ($5 from Forever 21, surprised?) and new maxi dress would look great together, and they did! I felt absolutely fabulous and I had so much fun taking these photos. I couldn't help but feel like Rachel Zoe or Audrey Hepburn in my statement pieces. The drama of a floppy hat is riveting!

Near the end of the shoot I realized one of my flip flops decided to go kaput. I still say that Old Navy flip flops are the best, most comfortable and last the longest! It was just this pair's time to go I guess. Luckily for me I was wearing a maxi so it wasn't noticable. However, walking was a bit of an issue and that's where my husband came in. He insisted upon carrying me and that's what he did. My knight in shining armor!

Is there no maxi dress in your closet yet? How about a floppy hat? Maybe it's time to go out and try a few on!

- Jenmarie

 

13 comments:

BlueVanilla said...

Pretty photos! Love that dress...i have it in the coral color!
xx
Hot Pink Day

Heather said...

You look great!!! Gotta love those deals haha
xoxo behindthelashes.com

Tasha said...

I love this maxi dress on you! And what a great deal on that and that fabulous hat! Forever 21 is the best! I have really been wanting to buy a floppy hat, I still need to find the right one for me though.

Sad to hear about your flip flop, but how sweet of your husband! Definitely sounds like a keeper! :)

Heidi said...

You look gorgeous in the maxi dress and hat! Too bad you don't live closer to Oregon, you would love the hat store here :)

Casee Marie said...

How cute! This is definitely a very Rachel Zoe look. I only have the one maxi from Dorothy Perkins but I've worn it a few times and it's perfect, I love it so much. I saw a Michael Michael Kors on Hautelook the other day that I'm absolutely crazy about, it was a patterned blue that reminded me of the ocean.

Catherine Au Jong said...

authentic summer look, so great on you!

catherine

Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

"May the maxi be with you", you are so funny JenMarie :) You look amazing, SO glamorous! Your hair, your face, all of you. Just stunning. I imagine you walking down a beach in slow motion, breeze playing with your hair, well you can finish the story your self, but my point is just, this is how to do everyday glam. J`adore! Hugs xx

Sweet said...

you definitely looked good with your maxi dress and you look so beautiful with your floppy hat...that is one thing that is lacking in my current obsession...soon will find the perfect hat for sure...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest

makeupandjeans.com said...

I love your black Maxi. :)

My first maxi I bought about two years ago. I didn't know if I would like the style, but it is now one of my all time favorite dresses!

You look beautiful as always.

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

That hat is divine!

Kara said...

Your hat and dress are fantastic.. can't believe they're f21!! I have to get a maxi soon!

xx Kara
Sprinkles in Springs

modanistajunkie.com said...

You look fabulous in a maxi dress! Who doesn't love Old Navy and F21, right!!! They have some great maxi dresses at Target right now! May just have to go back for one. ;)

Loving your blog by the way!

Have a lovely day.

xoxo,
melrod

made-to-travel.com said...

Oh Jenmarie!!! You are so purdy :)

I love me a maxi!!! So great that you got it at that price.

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter