Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Oscar de la Renta: Resort 2012

With the weather turning dark and rainy and the start of my new job this week there was no time for an outfit post which I had planned for today. But when all else fails, Oscar de la Renta is there to save the day! His newest collection is packed with a rainbow of colors and beautiful patterns. You can find the full collection on Style.com but for now, here are my favorites...


Polka dots. One of my all time favorite patterns. I was thrilled to find these in the collection. And really, is there anything better than polka dots and red accessories? I think not. My one complaint are the hats which I find very distracting. Usually fun and awkard pieces like these don't bother me. In fact, I think it's what makes the runways unique and exciting, but I feel like these particular hats don't compliment the dresses very well. I would've rather seen their hair up in buns.


This ball gown is like a dream to me. I love the color, the delicate layers and the light shimmer. But why the sash? Was she just named Prom Queen? The multi-colored dress to the right is just fantastic. I love the geometric pattern and sharp edges but again, the hat distracts me.


The silver and pink dress is fit for a princess! I love how they made the gown appear more casual by adding a belt and wrapping a sweater around her shoulders. I totally see Cameron Diaz in this dress. I was also so excited to see a maxi dress in this collection! Thank you Oscar! The print reminds me of last year's Fashion's Night Out. Anyone else see it?


What do you think of this collection? Which are your favorites and how do you feel about the hats? Let's discuss!

-Jenmarie

 

11 comments:

Casee Marie said...

I feel like such a bad Oscar fan because I really haven't looked at this collection yet and I completely forgot to tune in to the livestream on Facebook!

I love the block pattern that's so prominent and the cute dress from the 26th look. And the coat from the 37th look is gorgeous! I always love everything he does, really.

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh loooove those looks!! :D <3
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Heidi said...

Great collection. I am loving the maxi dress in the last picture! :)

Ashley said...

Oh, ladies! I'm loving the post and the wallpaper! Very lovely!!

Ashley
http://purple-daisies.blogspot.com/
http://projectsexy.blogspot.com/

Missy said...

oh I love this! Fab pics x

Missy
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Heather said...

He's such an amazing designer. I don't know about those hats, I usually like a softer look and the ones up there have such a sharp look to them ha.
Have a great weekend ladies!!
xoxo behindthelashes.com

FashionJazz said...

Gorgeous looks! Have a lovely Saterday xx

Heather said...

Oscar, for me, always has one piece too many: the sash, the half sweater, the hats. I always end up asking why those pieces are there.

His colors are absolutely beautiful this season though. I love the soft tones and the hot reds.

Thank you for the showcase Jenmarie! <3

Kristin said...

All I can say is VIVA la polka dots!

Anna of IHOD said...

I always wish we could wear big hats like this in every day society and get away with it:) I am head over heels for the bottom left dress...amazing.

makeupandjeans.com said...

so pretty! cute new layout.

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter