Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Feeling Beautiful

When we are purposefully living a healthy lifestyle we will feel even more beautiful and refreshed! Here are a couple things that I do that will hopefully encourage you if you've been wanting to make some changes in your life.

CHOOSE WATER OVER SODA

Rarely do I ever drink anything but water. It's pure, refresing and absolutely necessary (read more about the benefits of drinking water here at WebMD). If you feel that you may be addicted to soda you might want to decrease the amount of soda you intake slowly so your body doesn't go into shock. If you have say more than a soda a day try substituting one with a glass or bottle of water instead. After a week or so replace the other soda with water as well. Let's say you previously drank those two sodas for lunch and dinner. You now won't feel full so fast and you can feel proud of yourself for making a healthier decision. Soda has a lot of extra sugars that your body doesn't need! I myself noticed a big difference in the way I felt when I stopped drinking soda. My stomach especially felt so relieved. It won't hurt to have a soda every now and then but if you're drinking soda every day you may want to think about what you're choosing to feed your body.


If you don't think you can handle drinking only water try some Diet Snapple. There is absolutely nothing in the ingredients that is harmful to your body (please note that not all diet drinks are this way). No calories, fat, sugars, carbs and only 5mg of sodium! Don't believe me? Click here! There are also many yummy flavors that will satisfy your tastebuds more than soda will! I absolutely love the Raspberry Tea!

GET ENOUGH SLEEP

Everyone needs their beauty sleep. Plenty of rest means more energy, a happier you, and probably a lot less Coffee! No one likes those puffy and dark eyes, a worn out looking face, or that drained feeling you get when you begin any sort of task. Before I was married I used to stay up past midnight and wake up sometimes around eleven in the morning. Not only did I feel like I was starting my day super late but I also felt exhausted and the days seemed shorter. I'm glad I changed my sleeping habits! This lady is now in bed usually by 10:30!


It's very important that we get enough sleep so our body's can function properly. You can learn more about how much sleep you need and the consequences of not getting enough here at WebMD.

Challenge yourself to try one of these two things (or both if you're feeling brave) and see how it works out for you! Let me know your results!

-Jenmarie

9 comments:

Heidi said...

I have hated soda since I was a little girl and I am thankful I never liked it because I heard it is a pain to stop drinking it. I usually get enough sleep but there are those nights I only get 6 or so hours of sleep which isn't enough. :(

Casee Marie said...

This was a great step into a new conversation, Jen! Very interesting. When I was young I got sick and the doctor told my parents that I should cut any other drinks, replacing them with water, until I was better, but I guess I got used to it because I've never really gone back!

Of course, the sleep thing I do have to work on obviously since I'm leaving this comment at 1am. Haha!

simplecupoftea said...

Water is my drink of choice as well. Though when I go out with friends for a drink or so it tends to be a soda. Then again I like to think that that is preferable to anything alcoholic...

My sleep needs some work too... Too many things to do and too few hours in a day.

simplecupoftea said...

Water is my drink of choice as well. Though when I go out with friends for a drink or so it tends to be a soda. Then again I like to think that that is preferable to anything alcoholic...

My sleep needs some work too... Too many things to do and too few hours in a day.

Michelle said...

Very interesting and useful post Jen (: From a really young age, my parents banned soda and soft drinks from our house so we could only drink water or fresh juice. I'm so thankful they did that because I always prefer water now!

Ashley said...

I hear you! I'm trying to get more sleep at night. It's a work in progress for me. :)

Ashley
http://purple-daisies.blogspot.com/

Marissa said...

Well... one out of to isn't so bad. Like you, water is pretty much all I drink (besides my morning coffee), but I really need to work on getting to bed earlier!

made-to-travel.com said...

I happily don't drink very much soda at all...maybe once a week I'll have a gingerale and maybe once every six months I'll have a root beer (that happens on a bad day). But SLEEP! I can never sleep for more than 5-6 hours I wish I could get much more. I have some weird annoying internal clock that only wants 6 hours. I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

La Lola said...

The water over soda is super easy, but getting sleep for a workaholic like me is so so. I wonder what constitutes enough sleep?

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter