Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Friday Fame: Adele



Ever since her debut in 2007 Adele Adkins has been considered a phenomenon in the music industry. The Brit's soulful style and hauntingly powerful vocals make her a force to be reckoned with, and it's no doubt that her second album has only encouraged her reputation as a modern icon. A modern icon that was discovered through MySpace, by the way. Normally I like to talk about style inspiration on Friday Fame, but when it comes to Adele I think the inspiration runs the gamut of subjects. She's devotedly and passionately her own woman; strong, honest and driven. I love her dedication to the fearless pursuit of her originality, and how she seems to own her beauty in the very way that she carries herself. What's not to love about her, right?



While I do love her style, there's something very specific that always catches my eye: her hair and make-up. The girl is a maven, and she absolutely rocks the glamorously luxe vibe that I'm so partial to (no going au naturale for us). She gets that fabulous Mad Men look flawlessly with the winged eyeliner and bouffant, and then she turns around and does something gorgeously opposite like a smoky eye and the above unlimited waves. She never lets herself become owned by her look, she always makes sure she's the one owning it.



What do you think of Adele's fabulous beauty inspiration? Isn't she just unstoppably lovely?

- Casee Marie

13 comments:

Anna of IHOD said...

There is something so unique about her and its hard to put a finger on it, but her style is definately a part of it.

I am a huge fan.

Have a great weekend!
<3
Anna

Bere Parra said...

I am IN LOVE with Adele since her 1st album!!! You are right: she is always so poised and perfect. I think she's one of the most beautiful women in the music industry. She is a very elegant person and her skin amazes me. She looks so 'herself', her beauty is overwhelming and endearing. I love her with a more 'elaborate' look, but I super dig it when she lets her hair loose: it's like "hello vixen"! I do wish I had her hair hehe...LOVELY FRIDAY POST, my dear. xx

Mrs. C said...

I LOVE Adele!! She is amazing! She has that effortless look but always look so beautiful. Love love love!!! Happy weekend start the weekend off with a fun cocktail recipe I have!

www.mrscapretta.com
Recipes Fashion Marriage

Heidi said...

I actually never have heard her music! LOL She is a beautiful women though! :)

Kelly said...

She truly is beautiful, not necessarily with what she wears. But her beautiful attitude of loving her body, and accepting it as it is! Which I LOVE about her!

<3 Kelly

Ps I just want to let you know that I'ved moved to a new blog here. Please take a look and let me know what you think! :)

Jenmarie said...

I don't think I've ever seen her picture until this post! Can you believe that? I didn't even hear her songs until one of the contestants on American Idol sang a couple of them. I then listened to them and thought her voice was really unique. Sadly, one of her songs plays multiple times throughout the day where I work so...I've been getting slightly sick of hearing it. It's so sad when songs are over played!

Fashion Tales.... said...

She's amazing, and definitely has an old soul (beyond her understanding I believe). I how she influences her generation into roots music from earlier generations that they never would have tapped into before. wonderful voice/style.

FASHION ICE said...

she is gorgeous! i love that last photo

Blue said...

Adele is absoluteley fabulous. Especially her hair in the second picture...

www.metaphoricalblue.blogspot.com

Beautifully Invisible said...

Has anyone ever told you that you resemble her? Seriously. I think it's something about her eyes and that effortless smile. I totally see a resemblance.

I am a huge Adele fan. Her CD has been on repeat for months now, and I can't get enough of her. Love that you decided to feature her this way because she's beautiful inside and out.

Sweet said...

awww I love her...I just started loving and listening to her lately...and wow...I am in love with her powerful voice and her style in singing...simple, classy and just beautiful...

Kisses
sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest

made-to-travel.com said...

I totally LOOOOOOVE, adore and admire her. Her voice is incredibly haunting and I have complete faith in every album and song she comes out with.

I love the points you picked up on re: her style. Yes her hair is luxe and gorgeous and she is always looking so flawless. Perfect highlight and so well written!

Marissa said...

How did I miss this post? Adele is my favorite! I was counting down the days until her second album came out.

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter