Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Breakthrough Brown













What I Wore:

Vest: American Eagle Outfitters
Top: Target
Volcom Skirt: Tilly's
Flip Flops: Target
Cat Eye Sunnies: American Eagle Outfitters
Snakeskin Bangle: Francesca’s Collections
Necklace: Cookie Lee
Bag: OUFI


I like the color brown although I'm often drawn more to the lighter shades. It has always been that one color I've found difficult to work with. I would usually pair it with lighter shades of brown or cream colors which works but I've always known more could be done with it. Especially now with all the mixtures of colors both bright and soft and patterns we would've never thought of styling together. When I received the lovely bangle from Francesca’s Collections which I won from Casee's personal blog I thought "What will I wear it with?". I know that must sound silly to some of you right? Well, my dream the other night answered the question as I saw myself wearing my white skirt with lace details (which I've had for years), a brown top and my new grey vest from American Eagle Outfitters (the perfect layering piece for warm weather!). I wondered how the grey would look with brown but I tried it the next morning and this was the result! I actually really liked the combination and I can now say I feel a little more confident in working with brown in the future!

So, how do you feel about the color brown my friends? Is there another color you find difficult to work with? Maybe you'll get lucky and dream up an outfit like I did!

11 comments:

Tree @ Harvester Products said...

I think I'll steal that bracelet, Jen! LOL
You look great, I love the outfit you put together!

Casee Marie said...

Oh, I'm so glad you like the bracelet! It looks great on you, and I love the vest! I don't wear brown very often, either - I always go for black and I never mix the two. Brown is such a lovely color, though, so rich. I definitely need to try incorporating it more into my wardrobe!

Kristin said...

You styled your win perfectly! Fabulous vest!

Heidi said...

Gorgeous outfit! You look great! Love your skirt and nice bangle!

FashionJazz said...

Your hair is stunning and you look gorgeous! Hope you have a lovely weekend! xx

THE-LOUDMOUTH said...

Just so you know hun, that first AE link isn't working.

I love this outfit! The combo is really cute and unique. I don't own a vest, but I might have to get this one! And your sunnies are fabulous. Guess I have to hit up AE soon! :)

And I love dreaming about clothes... this happens often ;)

Oh to Be a Muse said...

those are very nice sunnies. and i like how you paired the open vest with this look. adds a lot!

Marissa said...

I think dark brown is so hard because we all wear so much black! It looks great with the shade of gray you've picked out, though. And I love this skirt on you. :)

SomeKindOfStyle said...

you look adorable and love love your long dark hair! i wish..haha! ;)

xoxo

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

This is a fab summer look. Cool and comfy.

Brown...hmmm. I love it, but with so much black in my wardrobe, I find it to be difficult to work with. So I tend to avoid it, though I am always drawn to buttery soft brown leather bags. That said, I'm super-inspired by the tall 70s-style brown boots Gucci showed in its fall 2011 collection. So now I'm officially on the hunt!

Tasha said...

I think you paired the bangle beautifully! And your hair always looks so gorgeous! Love the vest too!

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter