Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Life is the Bubbles - FTF Blog Event


This month's theme for the FTF Community Blog Event (ran by the lovely Kristy Eléna of Full Time Fabulous) is "The Beach" which happens to be one of my favorite places to go especially with my husband Jason! I don't get anything but my feet wet in the ocean (I've been spoiled by pools growing up) but I love watching the waves crash onto shore and taking walks beside it. The smells, the beautiful sunsets, bonfires, smores, what's there not to enjoy? When I was a kid I always loved being near water whether it was in the backyard in my pool or the beach. I was a mermaid at heart and would often pretend I was Ariel swimming under the sea and would stay in the water as long as my parents would allow me to. For this theme I chose to put together a beach-inspired outfit. I would've loved to take these at the beach but wasn't able to get there in time. Let's use our imaginations shall we?







What I wore:

Dress: Target
Floppy Hat: Forever 21
Bag: Wal-Mart
Flip Flops: Kohls
Crochet Bow Clip: Harvester Products

21 comments:

Tree @ Harvester Products said...

You're too cute as always, Jen. I like your title - from the "Under the Sea" song! Very creative!

I hadn't seent he bow clip on you yet, it's perfect with this outfit!

I haven't updated my etsy shop in a while - so if anyone wants to order a bow clip, please contact me at my facebook page instead ;)

http://www.facebook.com/harvesterproducts

Oh to Be a Muse said...

i love this look, especially the floppy hat. and i like you, when i go to the beach i tend to just put my feet in too, although i really do love going to the beach!

great FTF post Jenmarie!

Also, please vote for me in the Style a Shape Contest if you haven't already - click this link and hit the 'Like' button for my look!
http://www.365hangers.com/style-a-shape/details.php?id=75

Thank you!

Casee Marie said...

You are so cute! Adore that little bow, and your braid is so perfect. I didn't have a pool growing up, but my grandparents do and when I was little I'd be in there all day until it got dark and my dad warned of the bats starting to come out (that was a pretty fail-safe way to get me inside). I think every Disney girl pretends she's Ariel in the water at some point in her childhood - it's only appropriate! ;)

Mode Plus said...

Ah, nothing says beach than flip flops and a floppy hat.
The lather gives it a little glamour, don't you think?
You channeled the assignment very well.

Fashion Tales.... said...

I'm obsessed with hats anyway and love floppy hats. That second photo is really classic, I could see that in black & white as well. when I was a little girl I always thought mermaids were so fascinating. :)

Reyna @fashionmist♥ said...

I love your outfit and you are gorgeous! xx

Aquí said...

very cute little outfit for the beach! I loved this month's theme!

Faye said...

Love this outfit esp.the bow im a sucker for bows!

Marissa said...

The bow and the braid! I love it, Jeanmarie! And you pull off the big, floppy hat so well. :)

Beautifully Invisible said...

This post makes me want to go watch The Little Mermaid when I get home. Love that fiulm, and love this post.

I think I might be in love with the braid/bow thing you have going. Perfect for the beach! And the floppy hat? Want!

Gabrielle said...

Very cute outfit! I want a hat like that so badly. And the way you wore the bow clip - perfect! Life is the bubbles...I love the Little Mermaid.

I too only put my feet in the water when I go to the beach, but it's because I don't know how to swim :(

made-to-travel.com said...

JENMARIE!!! I love your floppy hat!!! I want one but haven't found one that fits my large head, lol!

You look like a movie star in your floppy hat, pretty lady.

Mrs. C said...

Love the bow!!! Ok I used to pretend I was Ariel all the time!! Love that I'm not alone :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! :)

www.MrsCapretta.com
Recipes Fashion Marriage

Heidi said...

Such a cute beach dress! I love the hat too and your hair is adorable. If only I knew how to braid..haha :)

Kristy Elena said...

i love your beach inspired outfit and that floppy hat!!! i have a big black floppy hat as well but it just doesn't stay up nicely like yours.

you look so adorable, fresh and fun. and that cute little bow is such a great detail. =)

feH said...

Cute :)
I love your hat! :)

http://fehmoda.blogspot.com/

designedbyann said...

Love the outfit! Would love to get a hat like that one day! but I think the wind will take it away!!!
Anna

Sweet said...

beautiful and sweet Jen...I absolutely love the interpretation and your outfit especially the hat...
You look so stunning my dear!!!

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest

makeupandjeans.com said...

I have been wanting a hat like that for some time now...

Kristin said...

That hat is beyond fabulous!

the Citizen Rosebud said...

cutie pie!

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter