Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

The Convertible Maxi Skirt


In the most recent edition of our SHE Wears series I wore a maxi skirt as a dress, a trick I picked up this year from other bloggers. It was such fun when I realized I could turn my maxi skirts into something entirely different. Sometimes with maxis, at least for myself, I find that I wear them the same way all the time, with the same top and accessories. Switching them up into dresses really refreshes your idea of them and opens your creative eye. It's a great trend to try, and I was very excited recently when I saw Alexis Bledel rocking the exact look!


Back in June, Alexis was spotted at the opening night performance of Cirque du Soleil's new show Zarkana wearing this lovely Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent convertible tiered skirt/dress. I love how she continued the softness of the dress with the metallic sandals and added some unexpected substance with the belt.


Convertible Tiered Skirt/Dress – Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent; $248 at Shopbop


Besides being an utterly priceless way to add versatility to your wardrobe, maxis are so easy to wear year-round. Worn as a dress I could totally see this one paired with a leather jacket and high boots. If that's not incentive to get on the maxi skirt train, I don't know what is!

Have you ever tried switching up your maxi skirt to a dress? I'd love to hear about it!

- Casee Marie

Image credit: Alexis-B.com

11 comments:

Kirstin Marie said...

I love the idea of a maxi skirt being used as a dress. This one is quite lovely.

Mrs Bossa said...

I love the idea of a 'maxi skirt train'...! ;)

Heidi said...

I would do a maxi skirt as a dress but I am tall so I couldn't pull it off. It would look more like a midi dress! haha But maybe I could pull it off if done right.
Gorgeous dress she is wearing!

vonilicious said...

I definitely love doing this. Such an easy outfit.

kileen said...

very creative! i'm always looking for new ways to style a maxi!

cute & little
Etta Grace giveaway!

Oh to Be a Muse said...

i'm not super into maxis, but this one is pretty awesome. love that it's convertible.

thekellytang said...

Very adorable! I love it when one piece of clothing can transform and be worn in a different way!

<3 Kelly

naomemandeflores said...

I never tried it, but I think is a lovely idea!


Camila Faria

Blue said...

I love Alexis Bledel, she looks amazing in that skirt/dress! I'd love to try that, but I dont even own a maxi... I'll work on that.

Ans said...

LOVELY, SUCH A BEAUTIFUL OUTFIT!!!
XXX

Jenmarie said...

I think wearing a maxi skirt as a dress is a brilliant idea! I don't know if I told you but there was this white dress in American Eagle a couple of months ago or so that was supposed to be a maxi dress. I tried it on and it didn't really even come close to touching the ground. However, it worked great as a maxi skirt!

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter