Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Inspiration Patchwork - FTF Blog Event

The challenge for this month's Full Time Fabulous Blog Event was to create a visual interpretation of something we are inspired by. Just this year I realized that my closet is a huge reflection of the things I have been and am currently inspired by. I decided to choose three things that inspire me in a patchwork quilt sort of way...



Disney

Since I was a baby, Disney has been a part of my life. Its youthfulness encourages me to keep my wardrobe fun, because of the Princesses (especially Belle) I love all things feminine, and the adventurous stories remind me to step out of the box and try new things.

Sweets

Food, especially sweets, are the perfect example of what my wardrobe looks like; colorful! I should have just as many sprinkles in my closet as I do on my frozen yogurt! Black is perfect and chic but a splash of color always adds a bit of magic.

Films

I’ve always been drawn towards character costumes. Movies like Star Wars, Pride and Prejudice, The Phantom of the Opera and Gladiator all have dramatic pieces from head-to-toe with exquisite detailing that I can’t help but obsess over. I'm sure that my love for anything long and flowy, statement jewelry, and wild shapes and pieces with flawless structure that are unfamiliar and artsy (to name just a few), come from movies like these.

All these things (and more) inspire my wardrobe and the way I dress everyday. I don’t wear dramatic pieces for attention. I wear them because they're simply what I love and I’d rather have drama in my fashion than in my life any day. How about you?

Be sure to check out the rest of the posts from this event here!

9 comments:

Karen said...

I wear them because they're simply what I love and I’d rather have drama in my fashion than in my life any day.

Amen to that Jen!

Heidi said...

Movies and magazines have always given me inspiration because they were my only connection outside my little town growing up! I still get inspiration from these things today but also what other people wear. Great post! :)

made-to-travel.com said...

Well, I could just put you in my pocket for naming Disney :).

Casee Marie said...

Love all your inspirations, of course! I've realized only more recently how alike I am to Belle (right down to the obsessiveness over books, I'd imagine). Definitely my favorite princess, but you already knew that!

I'm obsessed with costume dramas and the costumes are a big part of it. Everything from Tudor England to 1920s Manhattan fascinates me with the clothes and the distinctly different look from what we know today. I always love incorporating a little bit of that into my everyday look!

Kel said...

When I was younger, I wanted my wedding dress to be like the one Elizabeth wore to the Netherfield Ball so I totally relate to that!

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

seeing steel magnolias

Kirstin Marie said...

I love the way you did this! It's a really nice collage. Sweets are the death of me. Seriously!

Kimberlee said...

Love how you made it a patchwork quilt - very creative! OMG Belle is my favorite Disney princess too because she reads ;) The sweets looks so delicious...

Lori's Wardrobe said...

Hi Jenmarie
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your inspirations and totally agree with them. I was obsessed with anything princess related when younger - the romance, the fantasy and the fashion!
love
Lori xo

Kristy Elena said...

awww i grew up on disney and it definitely holds a special place in my heart! i am hugely inspired by films as well. =) they mean a lot to me. and i'm loving your little patchwork collage! thanks for participating in the event darling and i apologize for the belated comment. it's been a busy few days since i returned from mexico!

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter