Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Friday Fame: Kate Winslet


"I don't believe in sort of holding back...life isn't a dress rehearsal!"


The lovely Kate Winslet is a tremendous talent with a tremendous personality (not to mention tremendous beauty and style) and I consider her a huge inspiration, so I was surprised last night when I realized I've never spotlighted her in our Friday Fame series! It's high time she was included among our list of inspirations, and I knew the best way to do that would be to share, through Kate's pictures and her own words, just what makes her beautiful.


"Sometimes I look in the mirror and go, 'Oh, why don't I just have a little bit more sucking in going on?' But if my cheekbones don’t become more prominent with age, they don't. Hey-ho! There's more to life than cheekbones."


"I have wrinkles...which are very evident. And I will particularly say when I look at movie posters, 'You guys have airbrushed my forehead. Please can you change it back?'"


"It's important for me to stand by my views, because I do think glossy magazines are the culprit of a lot of these young women's obsessions with the idea of perfection. I mean, every magazine cover we see now has been retouched. These poor young girls look at these photos and say: 'I wish I had that body' or 'I wish I had beautiful skin like that'. What they don't know is that the actress is wearing three-inch thick make-up, and the pictures have been digitally enhanced or reduced or whatever. It just gives an incorrect idea of beauty. To me, a beautiful person is someone who makes me laugh and is comfortable in their own skin, whatever shape and size they are."


"Because of the person I am I won't be knocked down - ever. They can say I'm fat, I'm thin, I'm whatever, and I'll never stop. I just won't. I've got too much to do. I've too much to be happy about."


I adore her outlook; she definitely represents a lot of quailities I strive for on a self-esteem level, and I love that she dedicates herself in some degree to giving a voice to that. I think we could all learn a lot from her!

- Casee Marie

10 comments:

Jenmarie said...

I feel the same way about her and I'm glad you chose her! It's funny because I was looking at some of her best outfits in the latest InStyle magazine last night and wondered if we featured her. She's so confident and I love that!

Heidi said...

Kate Winslet is one of my favorite actresses. I have enjoyed almost every movie she has been in :)

She is a very beautiful, classy actress!

Karen said...

Hello awesome rolemodel! She's one of my utter favourites.

liz said...

Ahh she's my girl crush! What an amazing woman!

Kailey said...

Ahh these quotes are gorgeous. I personally find pictures in which I can see the details and wrinkles on a person's face so much more beautiful than a picture that has been photoshopped beyond a certain point in which it doesn't look like a really person anymore.

I need to see some more of her films!

Kailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marissa said...

I love her; she's perfect for this feature. Did you ladies change your background, or am I just used to reading it on a smaller screen? Either way, it looks great.

Kristin said...

She is so fabulous! I've always loved her!

Ashley said...

I love Kate; she's so elegant!! Great choice!

THE-LOUDMOUTH said...

She is so amazing. Seriously one of my biggest inspirations.

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter