Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Sally Hansen's Strengthening Top Coat


I originally bought this Sally Hansen top coat to use on a necklace I didn't want to tarnish. After letting it dry, I noticed you could still see the top coat on the piece I applied it to and only then realized how thick the product actually was. Now I know to purchase a very basic top coat if I ever want to try the tarnish prevention trick again.


Anyhow, I decided to use it for what it was designed for. Smart, right? After making sure your nails are completely dry (if you don't, it will thin out areas of the polish which will create lines and make your polish look uneven), add one coat and you'll be amazed at how much longer your nail polish will last. Mine will usually last about a week sometimes longer depending on the tasks I take on. As useful as it is, be prepared to sit there with lots of nail polish remover and q-tips for a good twenty minutes or more when you're ready to take it off. If anyone knows of a stronger remover, I'm all ears!

Might I also mention that I'm totally in love with this new shade? I found it at Forever 21 for $2.80. It's called "Beige" and I'm quite impressed with it. I always wondered about the quality of their nail polishes. I've heard that some shades require a couple of coats, but this one turned out just fine with one.

What nail products are your favorites? I'm curious to know :)

 

7 comments:

Casee Marie said...

Okay, clearly I need to try this one! I've been putting off painting my nails for a while because I put so much into it and they'll chip as soon as the next day. (The longest they last is if I cut them down really short, and that's just not always as fun!) Thanks for sharing this, Jen!

Oh and I did see a post once with an easy way to remove polish - I don't remember where it was but I look in my browser history and tweet you!

The Jones said...

I really like my Revlon nail polish if we're talking dirt cheap...but of course Essie is the best if you wanna spend $8 on a bottle! The neutral shade you've got on is just lovely, can see why it's a fav!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Yea, I use a REALLY thin clear coat when I put it on Forever 21 jewelry, haha. And I wish I could wear that color on my nails, but it looks bad
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Nnenna said...

I have several Forever 21 polishes and I rather like them! Considering their price, they stand up to all the other polishes I have in the same price range. I might need to try this top coat and compare it to my current one to see if it's better- thanks for the tip! :)

Melanie Alexandra said...

I've tried this before! It is absolutely amazing!

My favorite thing right now is Seche Vite's Dry Fast Top Coat. It literally dries your nails in minutes. I haven't had messed up nails in weeks because of it! And it's also pretty durable. I had my nails last 2 weeks when I didn't have time to redo them and all I had was tip wear. Super nice!

I'm also on an Essie high, and I found a wonderful Amazon store where I can get Essie for $3-4/bottle. It's sooooo nice :)

Melanie
thosethingstheysaid.com

Rachael said...

I'm a big Essie and China Glaze brand fan but still searching for a decent top coat. I use a Sally Hansen one at the moment but it never seems to last long.

Boho Vanity said...

really pretty! just found you on hello cotton, love your blog! xx

My Blog: Boho Vanity

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter