Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Sponged Purple









Wearing: Renee by Julep
I'm a Pool for Love by Nicole by OPI

My mom happened to have some Julep nail polishes that weren't opened so I decided to borrow this lovely lilac shade, Renee, and try something new! Just for the record, I don't think Julep polishes last long and this particular shade was a little streaky. I used a shoe insert (most sponges will work for this effect) to dip into Nicole by OPI's I'm a Pool for Love, a super dark shimmery purple. I used a paper plate to place the polish on and dipped the sponge as needed. It didn't quite turn out ombre' but it still looks really neat! I think had I extended the darker purple ever so lightly it might have helped it look more blended but I'm proud of myself for a first try!

I know many of you aren't quite adventerous with your nails, but have you or would you consider an ombre' look? There are different versions you could try. I like the idea of painting each nail a different color going from light to dark. What do you think?

5 comments:

Cheryl van den Berg said...

Oh I need a sponge! That is such an easy thing to do and it makes for such a beautiful nail print!

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh that came out so cool! :D
Nah, the stuff I liked was either too expensive or sold out in my size...sadddd :(
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Shayne said...

cool idea

Sweet said...

Wow... I am not really an artistic person and surely if I play with my nails... it will look ugly and dirty hahahaha!!! but yours looked great love...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest

Jet Shanahan said...

What's a great idea! Will definitely try this now that my orange polish is starting to chip.

Jess- feelingstylish.co.uk

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter