Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

Unique Watches

Search

Loading...

The Archives

My First Denim Top
















What I Wore:

Top & Jeggings: American Eagle
Necklace: Gifted
Headband: Forever 21
Sandals: Candie's for Kohl's
Leather Satchel: Oufi London

Besides the denim jacket I recall having as a teenager, I've never owned a denim top in my life. I know, this might be hard to believe for some of you! But while I was at American Eagle earlier this week I noticed this top and decided to I try it on. I fell in love with the soft cotton denim and how light weight it is compared to other denim tops that have more of a stiff fit. The light wash and cut-out on the back make it perfect for the season and can easily be styled and accessorized to create either an edgy or feminine look. My styling choice is quite obvious I think. Lace, pearls, and a red lip definitely scream girly. It's great having something new and different in my closet!

How do you feel about denim?

13 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

That top is so cute! I love the cut out in the back. And I love how you wore a bright red lip!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Mimi said...

Love the lipstick with it! These pics are beautiful:)

Aesthetic Lounge

Heidi said...

Very cute look! Love the red lip!
I just bought my first denim top too not too long ago from Forever21. They seem to be everywhere this season!

Cheryl van den Berg said...

I love how you put all of this together with the lace and pearls. I'm pretty sure I don't own any denim tops either...just one denim jacket.

Oh to Be a Muse
Shop Layered Muse

Ruby Girl said...

so darn adorable. love it!

FASHION TALES said...

Wow, that shade of lipstick looks wonderful on you Jen! I don't own a denim top, but often wear my denim jacket as a top. I like your denim top, and for it to be a first one for you .. you chose well! xx/Madison :-)

Jamillah said...

OMG! Really first denim top?!? My denim shirts are definitely my go to's! They seam to match everything. I have 2 one that is a little stiffer denim and other one more like yours on the soft/chambray side. you look adorable in your first denim guy...i'm sure you will be wearing the heck out of it!

Rosie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this whole look your blog is great I am following you now

www.lifeisjustrosie.com

Ali of Dressing Ken said...

A coworker gave me a denim top she got at a sample sale. I am dying to wear it! You look great.

Ali of

Dressing Ken

Nnenna said...

I love your makeup in these pictures- so pretty! And your first denim top is so cute- love the little cutout on the back! :)

star-crossed smile

Bernadeth G. said...

love everything!

Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.com)

McKenzie Truman said...

You are so beautiful! :) I love the oufit and especially the lace headband!

Bella Q said...

You look the perfect proverbial All American Girl Next Door. Great top! I love the detail in the back. And your bold lippy.

Subscribe


Shop


Your Favorites

Communities