Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

The Paradise

The Paradise | Style Through Her Eyes

The Paradise | Style Through Her Eyes

The Paradise | Style Through Her Eyes

My friend Casee introduced me to The Paradise when the trailer first debuted on Masterpiece (PBS) several months ago. I was skeptical at first and almost forgot about the show until my mom recently mentioned it. I figured since they both suggested it to me it had to be something I'd be interested in. On Tuesday I watched the first three episodes in one sitting. I wasn't quite sure what I thought but there was something captivating about it. On Wednesday I wondered how the story would unfold and watched three more episodes. I couldn't believe what happened in the sixth episode and wanted to watch another but I'm the kind of girl who needs 8 or 9 hours of sleep and it was getting late! While it's no North & South (honestly I don't believe anything is going to ever top that mini series) it's definitely entertaining. The story is set in 1875 and is about a girl named Denise who works in a drapery shop run by John Moray. It's full of fashion and the excitement and stressfulness of the retail world. Many times these sort of TV series are similar to others that have already been done, but I honestly think this show has it's own feel. It's lighthearted and enjoyable along with some mystery and romance. If you like period piece dramas, fashion and good character development, I'd definitely recommend it!

Which new shows have you recently begun watching?

5 comments:

Casee Marie said...

Hahaha, you sound exactly like me with N&S. It's absolutely the jewel in the costume drama crown. I had much the same reaction to The Paradise - there's something really different about it, and at first I was kind of lukewarm, but I couldn't even figure out why. Then it just all clicked together and I really enjoyed it. I feel like Moray isn't quite as grand of a hero as others, but that itself was kind of refreshing and interesting to see. I love Denise, I love how vigilant and honest she is. And I adore Pauline! At first I was afraid it would be too much like Mr. Selfridge (another period drama set in a department store), but The Paradise really does have its own unique atmosphere that sets it apart. So glad you're enjoying it! Let me know when you get to the end! (There's a second - but final - season that should be airing on PBS this fall, yay!)

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I haven't watched any Masterpiece productions in awhile. This one definitely has elements that I usually enjoy. I will have to try to find it. I'm not really watching much tv right now.

Rowena @ rolala loves

This Girl Gabbie said...

I watched The Paradise when it was on PBS! I enjoyed it, but like you said it can't compare to North and South to me. I'm a bit hesitant about the second and final season Casee mentioned. From what I've read online it seems like it just goes off in weird directions. We'll see! I kind of wish The Paradise had had more, like, "meat" to it though. If that makes sense!

Teresa @ Harvester Products said...

LOVE it, hee hee. I watched the 2nd season on mytvline.com. But I watched it on my iPad - NOT on a computer. It's a VERY spammy website, with lots of stuff you don't want on your computer. So, if you're going to watch, please watch it on an iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, or tablet.

Karen said...

I watched most of the first season when it originally aired (mostly because Joanna Vanderham graduated from RWCMD... hehe) and I did like it. I should watch the rest really.

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter