Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

Unique Watches

Search

Loading...

The Archives

Beauty Box 5: My Night Time Skincare Routine

Beauty Box 5 - My Night Time Skincare Routine | Style Through Her Eyes

These are the steps I take each night to prepare my face for a restful night of sleep. In the future, if any of you are interested, I will document the entire process of what I do to get ready for bed but for now I hope you enjoy reading about the skincare portion of it.

Beauty Box 5 - My Night Time Skincare Routine | Style Through Her Eyes

Beauty Box 5 - My Night Time Skincare Routine | Style Through Her Eyes

Beauty Box 5 - My Night Time Skincare Routine | Style Through Her Eyes

I use Maybelline's Clean Express Waterproof Eye Make Up Remover and a cotton pad (these are the dual sided ones from Target) to remove ALL of my make-up. I emphasize "all" because it is targeted towards eyes but takes off everything. I then take my Expert Sensitive Gentle Refreshing Toner from Boots (just over $4 at Target) to wipe away any last traces of make-up and/or dirt. Please do not think that only using a make-up remover and a facial wash will remove every last bit of make-up and impurities from your face. I thought it did too before I started using a toner. Not only does it reassure me that my face is 100% clean but it's also so refreshing and a cheap addition to add to your routine. As for face wash, I am currently using the Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser by Aveeno. When I run out of my Clinique Cleansing Foam, this is what I'll use until I buy more. It's nice and natural and has tiny microbeads within the cream that aid in exfoliating.

Beauty Box 5 - My Night Time Skincare Routine | Style Through Her Eyes

Now that my face has been completely cleansed, I use the Expert Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream by Boots. It's formulated to help moisturize, nourish, and reduce the appearance of fine lines. This is not a heavy duty eye cream but good if you're on a budget and still in need of some sort of product for the most delicate area of your face.

Beauty Box 5 - My Night Time Skincare Routine | Style Through Her Eyes

Next I'll take a moisturizer and apply it all over my face. I've been using the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer which is oil-free and smells and feels so refreshing! This was a sample size I received a while ago which means I'll be investing in a new one soon!

Beauty Box 5 - My Night Time Skincare Routine | Style Through Her Eyes

Beauty Box 5 - My Night Time Skincare Routine | Style Through Her Eyes

I then use my Mint Julips Lip Scrub from LUSH and scrub and buff away! This is a great step that will help with chapped lips by getting rid of the dead skin sills. To top it off I use one of my many lip balms. I chose this delicious one I received from Beauty Box 5. It's by Body Drench and it smells EXACTLY like Cotton Candy which is sort of a tease but still so pleasant. All of their candy flavored lip balms are infused with beeswax, coconut oil and Vitamin E.

And that concludes my current nightly skincare routine. I also use a mask about once a week which helps a lot with break outs. This is the one that I've been using. I also need to incorporate a stronger anti-aging product. I'm thinking an anti-aging moisturizer once the one I'm using runs out. Let me know if you have any recommendations!

What does your routine look like? Do you take any of the steps I do?

Disclosure: The Body Drench Lip Balm was sent to me by Beauty Box 5. All opinions are 100% my own.

5 comments:

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Removing all your makeup every day is really so important clean and clear skin. I adopted an Asian skincare routine. I remove my eye makeup and then double cleanse with an oil followed by a foam cleanser and then follow with toner, serum, lotion, cream and eye cream. Sometimes I also apply a sleep mask before bed.

Rowena @ rolala loves

Stephanie Loudmouth said...

I seriously LOVE reading about other bloggers' skin care routines. I don't know what it is, but I'm always so curious! I have a lip scrub myself but always forget to use it... I need to get back in the habit!

Jessica said...

I will need to try this makeup remover.

I love the mint julips lip scrubber.

Alicia Mackin said...

Wow I never knew this. I will have to try both of these. The makeup remover and toner. Both are certainly affordable. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Allie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com

FASHION TALES said...

Great to see a night version of skin care routines. I love Aveeno and Lush products. I've not used that Morning Burst hydrating gel, but it sounds like a good one. :)
/Madison
Fantastic Flavourings

Subscribe


Shop


Your Favorites

Communities