Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

Unique Watches

Search

Loading...

The Archives

August Favorites


August was a super hot but fun month and I'm crossing my fingers maybe by the last week of September it will cool down a bit. Maybe? Some of the highlights from August include celebrating our 6th Wedding Anniversary, visiting my PaPa (my Grandfather), catching up with some of my friends and seeing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles twice in the theater. Speaking of which...

August Favorites - TMNT | Style Through Her Eyes

Jason grew up with TMNT and though I never saw one episode I did see the original movie and the CGI cartoon after we were married. I'm not a huge fan like he is but I am familiar with the story and enjoy it and was excited for the new movie to be released. The movie is a blast! The story is good and the turtles are HUGE! Because of their size this makes the action scenes that much better. Each of their personalities really stands out and it's so fun seeing them each have their special moments. I unexpectedly balled my eyes out at one point during the film. I am a cryer but it takes A LOT to make me cry when I'm out to see a movie. If you want to see it but don't know anything about TMNT, don't worry! There's a lot of back story involved so you're never left in the dark.

August Favorites - Revlon Bold Lacquer Mascara | Style Through Her Eyes

August Favorites - Revlon Bold Lacquer Mascara | Style Through Her Eyes

In the August Beauty Box 5 box there was a full size of Revlon's new Bold Lacquer mascara in Blackest Black. I'm such a mascara junkie and was excited but hesitant since it isn't waterproof. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it never smudged and lasted all day! It's a great lengthening and volumizing mascara though I don't think it quite beats Maybelline's The Falsies. But it's honestly a great mascara and I have used it every day since receiving it. If you expect you might cry, I'd probably add a primer beforehand or just opt for a different mascara that day ;)

August Favorites - Beauty and the Beast Cosmetic Bag| Style Through Her Eyes

I love Hot Topic for all their movie merchandise. During my last visit I stumbled upon on their new Disney make-up bags and couldn't resist the Beauty and the Beast bag. I featured it last week in my What's In My Bag? post but had to share it again in case you missed it. You can find all of their cosmetic bags here.

I hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend!

8 comments:

Cheryl van den Berg said...

I really wasn't sure about TMNT, but your review has me thinking. I will certainly watch it when it becomes available to rent.

And, of course, happy 6th anniversary, luv!

www.ohtobeamuse.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh, that mascara looks pretty awesome! I have too many right now though, hard enough to rotate between those, haha.
And yep! I used to get all my Harry Potter stuff from Hot Topic. Hehe
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Diana Ashuayem said...

Love the Revlon mascara.
www.effortlesslady.com

Charu Sharma said...

I must say your style of writing is very impressive! You have a fantastic blog and all the pictures are wonderful! Loved everything!

Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blogs and let me know in comments where you follow and I will follow back from both my blog!

Love
Charu
http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I'm a big fan of Revlon's Lash Potion mascara so I'd love to try out this Bold Lacquer version.

Rowena @ rolala loves

This Girl Gabbie said...

I grew up watching TMNT and I love them! I even had a sleeping back with the characters at one point...even though I never spent the night anywhere lol. I'd put it on the floor in my parents bedroom. Cute makeup bag again!

Nnenna said...

Awww, congratulations on your anniversary! I saw your pictures below and you look lovely :)

FASHION TALES said...

I've not seen the TMNT yet, but I remember my brother reading those comics somewhere. The Beauty and the Beast bag is adorable. xx/Madison

Subscribe


Shop


Your Favorites

Communities