Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

Unique Watches

Search

Loading...

The Archives

Beauty Hack: Urban Decay Primer Potion




You know that moment when you realize you absolutely can't squeeze anymore product out of the tube? You're certain there's still some left but it just won't budge! This happened to me a couple of days ago with my beloved Urban Decay Primer Potion. I decided to cut the end off and was absolutely shocked at how much product was still inside! After scraping some out to use it I placed the tube in a mini container and realized the next day that probably wasn't the best way to store it since air was trapped inside with the tube. Sure enough, the rest of the primer that was still inside had dried a little so I quickly transferred it to a zip lock baggie and that seemed to help it not dry out as fast as I was still able to use the primer the next day. So, be sure to bag whatever product you try this with right when you're done with it and you'll get at least a few days use if not more out of the product.

Let me know if you try this method with one of your products that you *think* is almost gone (perhaps lotion or a face primer?) and tell me how much was still inside!

8 comments:

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I do this with my beauty products which are in a tube as well. I'll usually transfer it into a mini jar to keep it from drying out.

Rowena @ rolala loves

Stephanie Pernas said...

OH EM GEE, what a genius idea! I would have just thrown it away, probably. DUH, this is so obvious, how have I never thought of it?? Thanks for this tip!!
x Stephanie from A Sparkle Factor

Closet Fashionista said...

That's pretty darn smart! And something I would never think to do/would be too lazy to do, haha.
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Stephanie Loudmouth said...

This is such a good idea... I need to do this!

Alicia Mackin said...

Oh yes I do this. And it is incredible how much product and can still be in the tube. Plus it is better for the environment.

Allie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com

Maggie A said...

My mom does this with everything; toothpaste, face wash, even lotions lol. It definitely is a neat trick to getting use out of every dime you paid for it lol.

xo
Maggie A
LOVEMAVIN/YOUTUBE || LOVE MAVIN/BLOG

Casee Marie said...

Um, this is brilliant! I'm definitely going to try it the next time I have one of those annoying situations. I use lotion in a container with a pump (Aveeno, specifically) and it always bothers me how much is left that the pump won't reach, so I keep a cleaned-out round tub container (Yes to Carrots body butter, specifically, with the screw-on lid) and when my lotion runs out I take off the pump and turn the whole thing upside-down in the round container. It's amazing how much product I save doing that! After I get all of the lotion into the container I just screw the lid on and store it under my sink for easy access. :)

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Good to know!

Subscribe


Shop


Your Favorites

Communities