Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

My New Glasses

My New Glasses | Style Through Her Eyes

My New Glasses | Style Through Her Eyes

My New Glasses | Style Through Her Eyes

My New Glasses | Style Through Her Eyes

*These images taken with my new Samsung Galaxy S4. I wanted to test out the camera (which I love). However, my editing skills are clearly not up to par.

I've worn glasses for when using my laptop or using the TV since late 2011 (You can see the first pair I got in this post). Over the past month or so I've been dealing with a lot of headaches and fatigue and started noticing something different with my eyes, though I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. It turns out my right eye weakened somewhat and so it was throwing my vision off which was one of the causes of some of the symptoms I was experiencing. I got a new prescription and my doctor recommended I continue using them while looking at any type of screen and also said I should use them at work. Basically, the more I wear them the better since wearing them will properly correct my eyes. I decided since I would now be wearing them at work (I've never worn glasses in public before!) I needed a much cuter pair. Initially I wanted a cat eye but after no luck in that department I settled with a more square, hipster-like frame which is larger than my previous pair. I think it helps to give me more of an awakened look since you can see my eyes more clearly. I also had chosen black when I got my first pair of glasses but overtime felt it was too harsh against my dark features. This time I went with a medium brown color which I think looks much nicer. I may end up getting another style in the future and will look into prescription sunglasses but for now, this is what I have and I am pretty happy with them.

What do you think? How did you go about choosing your glasses? Be sure to have your eyes checked once a year!

11 comments:

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

You look so cute in glasses! Great choice on the shape and color as they are very flattering on you! I actually bought my last two pairs of glasses online using a virtual try-on system and totally lucked out with them.

Shayne said...

you look very nice.

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, those frames are so cute! I've had to pick up a pair of reading glasses for work, too, and yours are perfect for you!

Marissa said...

Love these glasses on you! They frame your face perfectly. Wearing glasses in public is a big step, but you couldn't look any cuter.

littlelala said...

Soooo pretty, friend! I love that they're a bit over-sized and you're right they totally open up your eyes. Although, I totally dig your old pair of glasses too.

I wear glasses to see my computer too!! Mine are blue and pink! --I promise that is not as weird as it sounds :).

Serena Sina said...

You look gorgeous! :D

Alicia Mackin said...

I like them and I can't believe you took these images with your phone. I so need glasses big time.

Allie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com

libys11 said...

love the big frames on you!!! :D

Animated Confessions

Nnenna said...

I love the new frames on you! They're so cute. My last pair of glasses came from Warby Parker and they have a few stores here, so I went to try them on before I ordered them.

Doris Gibbs said...

Love your new glasses! It frames your face well without hiding the natural beauty of your eyes. At any rate, I'm glad you quickly got a prescription for glasses, once you experienced the symptoms. Thanks for sharing that, Jen! Stay gorgeous!

Doris Gibbs @ Moody Eyes

Christine Lestician said...

if your into gaming glasses check this website out! https://www.noscopeglasses.com/gaming-glasses?tracking=wharfle

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter