Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Overcoming Anxiety with Truth

In my post, 5 Things About Me, I shared things I had never talked about on the blog before. One of those things was having anxiety and it amazed me how many of you also said that you had anxiety and/or depression. Sometimes it can feel like we are all alone in dealing with panic attacks, stress and emotional breakdowns but the truth is there are so many of us who can relate. I believe there are ways to overcome those moments and though we might not always be successful each time I think we all need to be encouraged to fight against it more often. There are many ways to do this and I think one of those ways is by filling our hearts and minds with positive thoughts from inspiring quotes and verses. I think some of these would be great to post on the frig or keep at your desk to always have a constant reminder that there is someone bigger than all our problems and that we can overcome our thoughts and feelings with words that are true and that make way more sense than what we are thinking and feeling.


This might not be the case for everyone who has anxiety or you might not have fear of the unknown during every anxious moment but I think this quote is a good reminder because in reality we simply can not control everything. We just need to let go and let God. I have worried about things for as long as I can remember and it has never done me any good. I worry about things that might happen, things that are approaching and things that suddenly come up. I don't think overall that I am a controlling person, but I do like to have control over certain situations and when I don't feel in control of myself I feel like I am sinking.

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

Have you ever taken the time to just pray and talk to God while you're feeling anxious or depressed? I admit I haven't done this enough but I want to make it a habit! If you're feeling anxious, stressed, worried or depressed, stop what you are doing and tell Him how you feel. Ask Him to take it all away and to help you overcome whatever it is that you are dealing with. He loves us and doesn't want us to suffer.


This is absolutely on point! When I am feeling seriously upset or depressed I can think the worst things. I let my emotional state and thoughts get the best of me and I always feel awful afterwards for letting it take over me. We can not let ourselves believe what we think. Our thoughts during that time are not who we are and they can not control or influence us. We are bigger and stronger!


Again, another statement that is so real and true. There have been several times where I let my emotional state get the best of me. I've said in my head "I hate my life.". In that moment, I absolutely believe it and wish everything was different. Afterwards, I can't even believe I even thought those words and feel so ungrateful and ridiculous. That phrase may seem very dramatic or disturbing to you. But rest assured I don't hate my life. Are there things I wish were different? Sure. I think we all have at least one thing that we wish we could change. But I am a very happy person and I always feel so blessed and grateful for the people in my life and everything I have. I also want to encourage you to not let one thing ruin the rest of your day. Sometimes I have a really difficult time coming out of a bad situation, I feel completely weighed down and like my mood is going to remain the same the rest of the day. What works best for me is finding something to do that makes me happy!

We are going to have bad days and we won't always succeed in trying to relieve our anxiety/depression. But with encouraging words like these, I am sure we can make those days a little brighter than they normally are. This mental illness does NOT make us weak, it makes us stronger and the more we fight against it the stronger we will become.

4 comments:

FASHION TALES said...

Great post Jenmarie! We all have good and bad days, sometimes it may feel like we cannot make it, but inspiration like this helps. Having daily affirmations and positive words is something that my parents always did with us growing up, so It's definitely a part of my lifestyle. :)

Shayne said...

Yeah I have anxiety attacks and depression too. I take meds for it everyday but I still have bad days though. I am getting better everyday. I just take day by day.

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

You make alot of salient points Jenmarie. It can be easy to give in when we're unwell but the power of the mind and positive thinking can be such a weapon as well.

Casee Marie said...

So brave of you to share this, Jen! I owe you an email so I'll write more to you soon, but I'm sure you know how deeply I relate to this struggle. And I think it really is something that a surprising number of people battle silently, so when one person speaks up it can have a powerful impact. Thank you for doing that. (:

When I was a teenager especially, I had a lot of trouble with those "I hate my life" thoughts, and I remember how it would just make me get so mad at myself because I had no reason to feel that way. I was so blessed and so many other people had hardships much worse than mine; I thought I was so unworthy of my blessings. But all that negative self-talk just fed the struggle and made me feel even worse. I'm learning to try to send love to my anxious thoughts and feelings now, rather than chastising them like I used to. And also accepting my anxiety as part of me, rather than trying to keep it bottled up and hidden away as I did for so long. There are so many different tools and avenues for learning to cope, and I find a lot of hope in that! One of my favorite resources are definitely quotes - I keep my inspiration board full of them. One of my favorites is from Buddhist nun Pema Chodron - her teachings are quite secular and explore how everyone can incorporate compassion practices into their lives. She says, "You are the sky - everything else, it's just the weather".

Sending hugs!

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter