Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

My 3 Favorite Christmas Movies

Never before have I done several Christmas themed posts on SHE. I do have some fashion and beauty posts coming up this month but in the mean time I hope you don't mind the slight change. I just love Christmas and really wanted to incorporate more holiday content this season. Today I am sharing my three favorite Christmas movies. I tried not to think about it too much and just made a quick list. These were the three that I couldn't get out of my head.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer, Holiday Movies | Style Through Her Eyes

This is hands down my all time favorite Christmas movie. I have such fond memories of watching this as a child with my family in our cozy apartment. It would come on the television late at night and my parents would always let us stay up to watch it. We usually would prepare popcorn and home made rice krispies treats beforehand to enjoy during the movie. The characters are so lovable and cute, though I was quite scared of the Bumble back then. I think his theme music played a big part in it because he really was just a silly guy! The songs are also so wonderful and cheery. Burl Ives is the voice of Sam the Snowman who narrates the story and he sings many of the songs which I'm obsessed with. I could sing them all the time!

Elf
Elf, Holiday Movies | Style Through Her Eyes

I'm not the biggest fan of comedies but there are a few that I just love. This is one of them! I appreciate a good clean comedy, it proves you don't have to be vulgar to be funny. Will Ferrell is absolutely hilarious as Buddy the Elf. He truly believes he is one of Santa's elves but after finding out he was adopted into the Santa family, he goes on a search to reconnect with his real father, a business man in New York City. You just have to watch it to find out what happens! It's brilliant!

Little Women
Little Women, Holiday Movies | Style Through Her Eyes

This isn't exactly a Christmas movie but part of the movie does take place during Christmas and it's done in such a way that, to me, places it under the holiday movie category. It's hard to explain. It just has that very warm and welcoming vibe that you would expect to see in a traditional Christmas movie. Little Women is such a classic story and everything about it is so real and enjoyable to watch. Plus, the music in this movie is absolutely beautiful! I own the soundtrack and listen to it often. I've been a fan of the story since I was a young girl and own three different versions of the film. My favorite would definitely the 1994 version, with Winona Ryder as Josephine March and Christian Bale as Laurie.

Now that I've shared my favorites, I'm interested in knowing yours! Please share them with me in a comment below!

9 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

HATE Elf, haha. But I LOOOOVE Little Women! The soundtrack is definitely great too, my sister has it and I keep forgetting to steal it. I watch it all through Winter, so good.
My favorite Christmas movies are White Christmas, Holiday Inn, The Santa Clause and Scrooge (with Albert Finney)
www.closet-fashionista.com

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Great picks Jenmarie! I love all three of these films as well. I was just telling my husband the other day that we need to watch Elf :)

Nnenna said...

You know, I've only seen Elf like once? I know people loooove it, so I think I need to rewatch it this year.

I love Love Actually, White Christmas, and It's a Wonderful Life. Also, thank you for reminding me about Little Women- I need to watch that!

Teresa @ Harvester Products said...

I love Rudolph, too. I am so glad you have those memories <3
I also love the Santa Clause, Jingle All the Way, and It's a Wonderful Life

mariafelicia magno said...

i like these christmas movies
kisses

Stephanie Loudmouth said...

OMG, Little Women! I totally forgot about that movie/book! Love it.

Imogen said...

I don't think I have seen these. My favourite is definitely Christmas with the Kranks.

Laura - LaughterIsCatching.com said...

Elf is my absolute favourite Christmas film

Heidi said...

The Christmas Story will always be my top favorite. I love National Christmas Lampoon Vacation - too funny! I always enjoyed watching The Holiday too. :)

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter