Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

Unique Watches

Search

Loading...

The Archives

My First MAC Lipstick: Candy Yum-Yum

My First MAC Lipstick | Style Through Her Eyes

My First MAC Lipstick | Style Through Her Eyes

My First MAC Lipstick | Style Through Her Eyes

My First MAC Lipstick | Style Through Her Eyes

My First MAC Lipstick | Style Through Her Eyes

My First MAC Lipstick | Style Through Her Eyes

My First MAC Lipstick | Style Through Her Eyes
(Outdoor appearance)

My First MAC Lipstick | Style Through Her Eyes
(Indoor appearance)

It's true. I've never owned a MAC Lipstick until this week when the one I've been eyeing for a while, Candy Yum-Yum, finally arrived in the mail. I just LOVE this color! It's like a Barbie pink that is bright and extremely pigmented, unlike any of the other pink lip products I own. It smells like candied vanilla and is a lovely matte shade. I'm not the biggest fan of matte lipsticks but I just had to own this shade. The only complaint I do have about any matte lipsticks is that if your lips or dry or flakey, a matte lipstick honestly isn't going to look its best and may make your dry lips appear to be worse. Definitely make sure you use a lip scrub and keep your lips moisturized with a good balm prior to using one. Anyhow, I wore this shade all day to test its wearability and after eating lunch it barely looked like any of the product came off. I applied just a bit more before work and it held up throughout the night. I even woke up this morning with the slightest natural pink stained lips. Now, that's a good lipstick!

Do you own any MAC lipsticks? If so, which would you recommend? I'm definitely interested in trying another one with maybe a satin consistency.

4 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

That's such a pretty pink! Looks great on you!
I've never tried MAC products...well, one, a Marilyn Monroe lipstick I got at work
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Yay for your first MAC lipstick and you picked a really pretty color too! I haven't worn MAC lipstick in like forever but the Twig shade used to be a favorite.

Alicia Mackin said...

I use to own MAC lipsticks back in my club days. I do not wear lipstick anymore. This color looks SO GOOD on you! Love it with the dark brows.

Allie of ALLIENYC
allienyc.com

FASHION TALES said...

I really like the shade of this lip colour. I've not bought MAC makeup anymore, but maybe I will grab a few lipsticks in the future. :)
Detox Days

Subscribe


Shop


Your Favorites

Communities