Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Five Minute Friday: Share

Five Minute Friday: Share | Style Through Her Eyes

You know when someone asks you how you've been and you say "Good." or when they ask what you've been up to and you respond with "Not much."? I think, for a lot of people, those are just automatic answers. But we're not robots, and unless you don't feel like sharing much at a particular time or are convinced that you really haven't done anything recently worth noting, why not share more about ourselves? They're asking because they're care about you. Share why you have been good (or bad) and what's been going on in your life lately. Talk about your job, an accomplishment, the bargain you found at the mall recently, something funny your kids did or the awesome restaurant you and your loved one discovered. It's ok to share about ourselves. Sharing is very different from bragging. Just don't forget to ask about them in return :)

If writing for five minutes on Fridays intrigues you, find out more about this exciting Link Up here!

Also, don't forget to enter this$25 ULTA Gift Card giveaway in celebration of my blog's five years online!

4 comments:

Casee Marie said...

This is so true! I'm definitely someone who answers the "How are you?" and "What's new?" questions with those automatic, one-word answers and it's a habit I've been trying to break. So often I'll look back on a conversation and wonder why I answered like that. I think I tend to assume people aren't really interested, or (most often) I don't want to inconvenience them by going into too much detail. But I know I really appreciate it when people are open with me, so it's a process I'm trying to adopt. :)

Loved this prompt - thanks for sharing, dear!

Rakel said...

Lovely post! Check out my fave of today:

http://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=466718715&pid=uid7441-25962271-17

http://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=459122595&pid=uid7441-25962271-17

http://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=447342180&pid=uid7441-25962271-17

Jessica said...

I have noticed that these are my automatic responses. I have often thought that they are usually such fake answers but then again I have also read before that when someone (minus family and close friends) asks how you are doing they are just doing it to be polite and don't really care.

Cheryl van den Berg said...

Usually I just say "good" and "not much" because I don't feel like sharing with most people. But for the people who I actually want to share with, they will get the whole darn story.

I actually know a person who only asks others how they're doing so that she can share her story. It sounds weird, but she seriously will just start going on and on about her whole life right after you say "not much". I think she only asks because she wants you to know what she's been up to, and that's kinda weird.

Anyway, I digress. I am doing OK. Busy with work and the blog and in need of a vacation...already. How are you doing?

www.ohtobeamuse.com

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter