Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

April Favorites: Beauty, Film & Geekyness

April has come and gone! The highlight for me was definitely going to Star Wars Celebration. I've shared a lot about our experience at the event over on my Star Wars website of fourteen years Anakin And His Angel. There were a few other things that made my "favorites list" as well. Let's take a look...

April Favorites: Beauty, Film & Geekyness

April Favorites: Beauty, Film & Geekyness

I received my Wal Mart Beauty Box last month and received this full-size Rimmel Lond Lash Accelerator Mascara. It has a natural lash-grow complex and promises that your lashes will appear 117% longer in 30 days and instantly look 80% longer after applied. I will definitely say that it is GREAT at lengthening. I've been spoiled by The Falsies my Maybelline though which lengthens and thickens. But when my Falsies started running dry, I applied the Lash Accelerator first and The Falsies afterwards to thicken and add a little extra volume and they made a great combo! I wouldn't say Lash Accelerator is a bad mascara by any means. I really like the formula and appreciate the real bristles!

April Favorites: Beauty, Film & Geekyness

This 1 oz. sample of Skinfix Hand Repair Cream came in my Influenster Box box a while back. It's dermatologist recommended, fragrance-free and made up of natural ingredients, including 1% colloidal oatmeal which is the ideal skin fix for eczema, dermatitis and extreme dryness. I really like how thick and creamy the lotion is. It feels like it definitely coats and protects my hands and provides immediate results. I try to remember to use it before working or right before bed so it stays on longer since it's a little pricey. The 2 oz. to-go version is $17.99 at Target while the at-home bottle (with pump) is $20.00 for 12 oz.

April Favorites: Beauty, Film & Geekyness

I found this new Star Wars pouch from LoungeFly (not available online just yet!) at one of the exhibitor booths at Star Wars Celebration! I absolutely love the Original Trilogy comic style print and the striped lining on the inside. I've been using it to hold coupons and receipts but it can also be used for make-up or anything really. If you think this is cute, check out their coin purses on this page! If you're interested in seeing more of my purchases from the convention, watch this video!

April Favorites: Beauty, Film & Geekyness

I wasn't going to add this movie to my favorites just yet but I did see part of the movie the day before it was released (April 30th). I say "part of" because I had to leave in the middle of the movie. I had gone to see it at one of my favorite theaters which has a new RPX sound system on one of their screens. The movie started and my brother pointed out that the sound was off. It did seem lower, but not so bad where you couldn't hear it. Suddenly, whatever problem they were having was fixed and the RPX came on. It was so loud! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to handle it. An action scene began and the bass was out of control. It felt like it was going through my entire body. My heart started racing and then the anxiety kicked in. My heart was pounding so hard and I started shaking! I had to leave. It was unbearable. Obviously I was bummed, but luckily I got to see it with my husband the next morning. I really enjoyed the film but I do like the first better. The action was great and I enjoyed getting to know some of the members of the Avengers team better. The villain was a unique one, though I think writers these days need to come up with something else for villains to desire than wanting to destroy the world, you know what I mean? I would say more, but I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it. If you've seen it already, let me know what you thought!

Have a great weekend! xoxo

5 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

That mascara sounds awesome! I have too many that I need to use up so I'm avoiding buying more until I run out, haha
Yea, I thought Avengers was great! Ultron was a very interesting character, such a fun voice.
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Melanie Patterson said...

I first tried the Rimmel mascara in 2012 and I really loved it! It actually did work to lengthen my lashes and I loved going out mascara free after its effects took their course. Can't believe that hand cream is 2 oz. @ $18 and then 12 oz. @ $20?? Such a crazy difference.

Alicia Mackin said...

That pouch/makeup bag is too cool. And yeah I am picky about mascara. I only like ones that have zeor clumping. I am using a lash accelerator on eye brows for about 3 weeks and I think it just may be working a bit.

Allie of ALLIENYC
allienyc.com

Cheryl van den Berg said...

OK, that Star Wars pouch is awesome-sauce!

And so sorry the theater caused you anxiety. I hate watching movies where the sound is off. I watched Avengers the other day and liked it a lot, but I agree that it would be nice if the villains could be more unique. Based on the previews, I had really high hopes for Ultron. But I think they kind of watered him down in the actual film.

www.ohtobeamuse.com

Jessica said...

Surprisingly I am a huge fan of superhero movies. I have yet to see the new Avengers movie but I have plans to see it soon with my siblings. It is kind of a bonding activity for us because superhero movies are one of the very few times of movies we can all agree on.

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter