Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

Unique Watches

Search

Loading...

The Archives

Disney Days: Blogger's Day Trip

Disney Days: Blogger's Day Trip | Style Through Her Eyes

When I heard my friend Karen of A Simple Cup of Tea was going to be visiting from the UK and wanted to meet up, I was so thrilled and immediately suggested that we spend the day at Down Town Disney. She had never been before and I thought it'd be a wonderful experience for her (she is going to Disneyland during her stay here, and will have even more exciting adventures!). Karen and I met each other years ago back when Live Journal was almost as popular as Facebook. She was even one of the lovely ladies who participated in posting here on SHE five years ago when I first started the blog. So, to finally meet her and spend the afternoon chit chatting and browsing all the shops was so much fun! Here's a few photos from our day!

Disney Days: Blogger's Day Trip | Style Through Her Eyes

Disney Days: Blogger's Day Trip | Style Through Her Eyes
We had lunch at La Brea Bakery Cafe. They have yummy pizza, salads and sandwiches with most meals ranging from $15 to $20. This is also one of the sit down restaurants that you can get your parking validated for an extra two hours. Consider that your Disney tip of the day ;)

Disney Days: Blogger's Day Trip | Style Through Her Eyes

Disney Days: Blogger's Day Trip | Style Through Her Eyes
Karen and I thought the California Grilled Chicken sandwich with bacon, white cheddar, alfalfa sprouts, and avocado mayonnaise on a rustic roll sounded good. It came with a side of yam chips which were similar in taste to sweet potato fries. The sandwich made our eyes widen it was so good and we pretty much continued to comment on the taste as we discussed differences between the UK and the US.

Disney Days: Blogger's Day Trip | Style Through Her Eyes

Disney Days: Blogger's Day Trip | Style Through Her Eyes
Of course we had to shop in one of the largest Disney stores, the World of Disney! You can easily spend so much time in there because there is so much too look at! This is where Karen found her 60th Celebration Diamond Mickey ears!

Disney Days: Blogger's Day Trip | Style Through Her Eyes
I don't collect Precious Moments but I do love looking at the Disney figurines. This one of Mulan and Mushu I hadn't seen before. I appreciate it when characters who aren't often thought of get some love this way!

Disney Days: Blogger's Day Trip | Style Through Her Eyes
We made a stop inside Sephora and took a mirror selfie.
You know, like most people do.

Disney Days: Blogger's Day Trip | Style Through Her Eyes
One of my favorite shops is the Wonderground Gallery. It's filled with art and collectibles from several talented artists. This was a new Star Wars magnet set I spotted by Jerrod Maruyama. So cute!

Disney Days: Blogger's Day Trip | Style Through Her Eyes
We browsed many other shops and ended the day with a relaxing time sitting in the beautiful lobby of the Grand Californian Hotel. There are many couches and chairs, a fireplace and a grand piano where often times the most beautiful Disney music is played. It's difficult to leave such a place!

I had such a great time with Karen! Have you ever met anyone you've known for years online? What was your experience like?

6 comments:

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

It's always fun getting to meet with blogger friends IRL! Looks like the two of you had a wonderful day together :) I also recently met up with a blogger friend and it felt like we were old friends after just a few minutes of conversation.

Rowena @ rolala loves

FASHION TALES said...

How fun! It's looks like you two had a blast, and I love that you both were wearing cobalt/periwinkle like colours, looks great in the photos. :) Karen sounds like a lovely blogger. It's great when you can have a pleasant encounter in real life with a fellow blogger. Have a nice weekend. /Madison
Kitchen Tales

Alicia Mackin said...

Oh how exciting to get to meet her! And I bet she was excited to to go Disney Land coming from England. The two of you look like you had a grand time. Great pix too.

Allie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayy, so much fun! Who doesn't love a nice day trip to Disney? :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Karen said...

This post still makes me smile from ear to ear :) I just can't wait until I get to hang out with you again!

Casee Marie said...

Eeee!! The first-ever SHE-gals meet-up! I love, love, love these photos. You both look beautiful and the day sounds like it was a fabulous one. I was only nine when I visited Disney World, though I do remember going to their Downton Disney. I'm sure I would love it all the more now that I'm older and actually like shopping. ;) And the Grand California Hotel looks and sounds so beautiful! The lanterns make me think of Tangled. (Also, who wouldn't love to relax to treasured Disney songs being played on the piano?) Thanks for taking lots of photos and documenting your day - it makes me feel like I was able to be there in spirit! xx

Subscribe


Shop


Your Favorites

Communities