Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for eight years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

Unique Watches

Search

Loading...

The Archives

Beauty Box 5: Mauve Lips by Starlooks

Beauty Box 5: Mauve Lips by Starlooks | Style Through Her Eyes

Beauty Box 5: Mauve Lips by Starlooks | Style Through Her Eyes

Beauty Box 5: Mauve Lips by Starlooks | Style Through Her Eyes

It's not very often that I rock a mauve colored lip. I seem to be drawn to the reds, pinks, and even purples more regularly. But thanks to Beauty Box 5, I was reminded how nice a neutral shade looks. Starlooks is known for their professional cosmetics. I've used one of their eyeliners before and absolutely loved the color and long-lasting formula. So I was excited to test out one of their lip products! This was a custom color made just for BB5's fourth b-day, so unfortunately it's unavailable for purchase but the Starlooks website has other colors similar to this one for $13 here. They feel soft when applying and work well if you want to fill your lips in instead of lining them! That's what I did with mine and I loved the results! This particular color is more on the brown side. I prefer a mauve shade with more pink undertones but I still appreciated the new look and wore it out with confidence!

Beauty Box 5: Mauve Lips by Starlooks | Style Through Her Eyes

Do you ever rock a mauve lip? Do you prefer the color to be more on the pink or brown side? I've gathered a few mauve lipsticks from both drugstore and high end brands in various hues just in case I've inspired you to try the more natural lip. ;)

Items listed left to right

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in the shade "Rush" - $22.00 *Cruelty Free

NYX High Voltage Lipstick in the shade "Flutter Kisses" - $5.99

Essence Sheer & Shine Lipstick in the shade "Candy Love" - $2.99 *Cruelty Free (Also, be sure to check out their Nude Collection)

Maybelline Color Sensational in the shade "On the Mauve" - $7.49

Disclosure: The product mentioned above was sent to me by Beauty Box 5. All opinions are 100% my own.

5 comments:

mariafelicia magno said...

i love nude lipsticks
kisses

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh that color looks great! I usually wear colors like that because I don't like to stand out too much. Although I do have some pinks that I really like, haha
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

FASHION TALES said...

I've not tried these or Starlooks, but the Urban Decay looks good. Love the photos here, you look great! The lipstick looks lovely on you as well. x
FASHION TALES // Eco-Chic

Cheryl van den Berg said...

I've never heard of this brand, so thanks for sharing. Not sure this color would work for my skin tone, but I think it looks fab on you.

New Post: Cultural Appropriation: http://bit.ly/1oqoKC8

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

You should rock mauve lips more often more often! This color looks really pretty on you. I tend to gravitate towards mauvey nudes. cause they're like my perfect lips but better shade.

Subscribe


Shop


Your Favorites

Communities