Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Real Techniques Gel Brush Cleanser Review

Real Techniques Gel Brush Cleanser Review | Style Through Her Eyes

In January I did an ULTA Haul and purchased a handful of items both new and old. One of the new products was the Real Techniques Gel Brush Cleanser. I believe it had recently hit stores and though I hadn't heard anything about it yet I was anxious to try it! I've never had any bad experience with the Real Techniques brand and was confident that the eight dollars and change would be well spent.

The gel comes in a super cute bottle that is just over 5 FL oz. I expect this to last quite a while as you really only need a drop per brush (or a little more if you have gone too long without washing your brushes like I did. Oops!). I worked the gel into my wet brush and lathered it all up and immediately saw the makeup dripping down the drain. It wasn't at all arduous. This is definitely the best brush cleanser I have used so far!

I recommend that any brushes you use on your face be cleaned at least a couple times a week to prevent the build up of product, oils, and bacteria. These three things combined are easily able to layer up on the bristles each day. The more it builds up, the harder it is to clean and the more prone you are to having breakouts. Brushes that are used on and around the eyes can be cleaned a couple times a month, but this could vary depending on what types of products you're using. For quicker touch ups you can use ULTA's Professional Brush & Sponge Cleaner ($10) for those in-between days of deep cleaning. It's a spray that conditions and disinfects!

While we're on the subject, Real Techniques recently debuted the Brush Cleansing Palette. It's $14.99 with a 5 star rating. It seems a little pricey for performance-grade silicone but it is 100% cruelty-free, dishwasher safe, and has multi-textured surfaces that help to gently work between the bristles for deep cleansing. I haven't purchased this yet but it's on my "To Buy" list. I'm just waiting for their next BOGO 50% sale that I can use along with a coupon!

How is your make up brush cleaning going? Which cleanser is your favorite or are you in the market for a new one? Do you think you'll try the Gel Brush Cleanser by Real Techniques?




2 comments:

mariafelicia magno said...

good product..thanks for sharing

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Brush cleansing really feels like such a chore but I try to do it at least every two weeks. I'm using a cleansing balm from Japonesque that I really like. You swirl your brushes around the top of the balm to cleanse so it's fairly easy.

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter