Welcome

Jenmarie is a bubbly and petite thirty-one year old who loves to laugh and always thinks shopping is a good idea. She has been happily married for nine years to the man of her dreams and loves all things Star Wars & Disney. You've stumbled upon her blog of fashion, beauty and lifestyle where she shares her outfits, reviews, beauty tips, favorite things, and inspirational pick-me-ups. Have a look around and send her a note if you wish!

Satisfy your every cosmetic need with premium beauty product samples delivered to your door every month from Beauty Box 5. Get the box!
Click here for FREE shipping!

The Archives

Recent Post

Trying New Things

Trying New Things | Style THrough Her Eyes

Hello lovelies! I know I accidentally took a bit of a hiatus but rather than getting into all of that I wanted to come to you with an inspirational post about trying new things. This year has been a challenging but wonderful one for me and it's been filled with new things all of which have occurred because I chose to say "Yes!". As you know, I struggle with anxiety and with that comes the fear of the unknown which includes things that I haven't done before and fear I won't be able to do or get through. With prayer and determination, I have done several new things at my own pace this year that I feel super proud of. Let's look over what some of those things are, shall we?

BECAME A CO-HOST ON A STAR WARS PODCAST

I'm a person who likes to be prepared and made aware of everything that may or may not happen, so when I was first asked to become a Co-Host on a Star Wars Podcast I didn't give my answer straight away. I had to think on it. Knowing that it was the closest I could get to a live recording gave me the terrible feeling of being on stage. I don't know why, but that's what I related it to. Some of the thoughts that went through my head were, "What if I don't know what to say?", "What if I don't sound as intellectual as everyone else?". I had several "What if" questions and was terrified when I first started but now six months later I can tell you it gets easier with each recording. I now look forward to recording with my team each week. We have a blast! If you're interested, you can read more about my Podcasting journey on the post I wrote for my other blog entitled, Podcasting With Anxiety.

GOT A SHORT HAIR-CUT

This may seem silly to you, but it was a big deal for me simply because of the fact that it meant "change". I debated for a long time about whether or not to change my hairstyle. I finally did it back in May and wrote about my experience. It's been a fun new do to play with but I honestly miss my long hair. The good thing is, hair grows back and it's already grown so much since I've cut it. Overall I think this was a good step I took to get more comfortable with trying something new and I'm glad I did it.

ACCEPTED A JOB AS A MANAGER FOR A NEW COMPANY

This was HUGE! At almost every company I have worked for I have been offered a management position and always turned it down. One of the reasons was unfortunately because I didn't like what I witnessed on a day-to-day basis as far as how things were handled. Another reason was because it scared the heck out of me. I doubted my abilities to do several tasks even though I consistently showed that I was capable of many of those tasks by stepping up and taking matters into my own hands. But one day an opportunity was so clearly presented to me and I really felt God's hand in the situation. Without almost any hesitation, I said yes! I'm somehow a month into the new position already and it's going really well. I've done things I wasn't sure I would be good at and it feels great! So far, I'm happy and excited to see where it will take me.

WENT TO MY FIRST METALLICA CONCERT

I've been to concerts before but probably nothing as big as this. I was worried about many things: How loud it would be, being cold outside, if I'd have problems breathing from people smoking, how late I'd be up, etc. To prepare I ordered two different sets of ear plugs because my ears are super tiny and sensitive to having anything inside them. One pair ended up working better than the other though I did have to take ibuprofen because my ears hurt from having them in so long. I brought a good jacket, a beanie and a scarf to lift up to my face if I smelled anything unpleasant (this worked really well when needed). I ended up being up really late and to prepare for that I drank green tea during the day (before the concert), took extra vitamins at night and I took the day off after the concert and rested all day. I was in bed half of the day because I literally felt like crap but I ended up pulling through without getting sick! In case you couldn't tell, I'm a pretty sensitive being. Anyhow, I am SO happy I chose to go to the concert with my husband. Yes, there were a few times it was a bit loud even with my ear plugs in but it didn't last long and I was able to pull through. Overall, it was a great experience and I loved being able to share that with him. We've listened to Metallica since we were dating so it made it really special to see them play together for the first time and they played all of my favorite songs including "Nothing Else Matters and "Halo on Fire".

GOING TO BE A GUEST ON A STAR WARS TALK SHOW

Say what!? I still can't believe it and it's coming up so fast! I am stoked to be doing this and thankfully way more excited than I am nervous. I think knowing who I'm going to be talking with really helps and the fact that we're talking about something I am so familiar with is a plus. The hosts who will be interviewing me have been nothing but super kind and accommodating which has really helped with the process of getting there. It's almost showtime! And yes, I will share the link with you once it's live.

There's five new things I have done this year that were totally new for me and that I'm feeling pretty fantastic about. If you've felt scared to try new things as I have (and still do), know that you can make little changes if you want to. You are stronger than you know!

2 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayyy for saying yes to things!! I still need to get better at that myself.
A friend asked me to be on a podcast but I had/have the same trepidations as you. Plus I'm not sure if I'd have the time to devote to it. I guest hosted on one once but I barely said a word, haha!
And congratulations on the management position!!
Yay for the talk show too! Can't wait to see that!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Lena Dunn said...

As someone who suffers from extreme anxiety, I know what a big deal each those things you have done is. It's awesome that you gave yourself that little push. It builds such great confidence and can motivate you to do other things you thought you were not capable of. This post really encouraged me. I know I'm holding myself back from a few things because I have a fear of how they will turn out, but knowing someone else can do it shows me I can too.

Subscribe


Your Favorites

Communities



DMCA.com

Site Meter